Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish Airlines luggage allowance

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Turkish Airlines luggage allowance

i'm flying TK from LAX-IST. How strict is the airline with respect to the dimensions of your suitcase? on their website it says the max combined dimensions of each checked bag is 158cm. I have a suitcase that measures about 165cm but it looks like just a regular suitcase. Do they actually get out a tape measure and add up all the dimensions?
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:25 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
ucsdjosh, welcome to FlyerTalk! As this is specific to Turkish Airlines, I'll move the thread to the forum dedicated to that airline. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by ucsdjosh
i'm flying TK from LAX-IST. How strict is the airline with respect to the dimensions of your suitcase? on their website it says the max combined dimensions of each checked bag is 158cm. I have a suitcase that measures about 165cm but it looks like just a regular suitcase. Do they actually get out a tape measure and add up all the dimensions?
I wouldn't worry!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:57 am

I will fly ARN-IST-PVG where ARN-IST is in business and IST-PVG in premium economy.

If I understand TK luggage rules bus pax are allowed 1 pc 30 kg, and eco pax 1 pc 20 kg. Since I am *G I will also be allowed one extra pice right?

But consideringe the whole route, will I be able to bring the bus pax allowance (2 pcs 30 kg each) or eco allowance (2 pcs 20 kg each)?

Since I will bring as much as I can every kg is important for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.