Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight at IST

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Question Overnight at IST

My upcoming trip will land me at IST 5:25AM and my connecting flight is 11:10AM the next morning (yes, is the HKG-IST-LAX flight)

Has anyone recently get the free night of hotel from TK?

Where you should go and ask for the hotel (include transport?)

How easy is the process or is one of those YMMV thing like TK customer service?

Thanks.

p.s. Should I book a hotel in IST now just in case?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:28 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...ansit-pax.html
Old Sep 29, 2011, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

I have well aware of that thread. However I am looking for some recent experience. And to be exact where is the hotel desk/starbucks?

Also want to see if it is easy or YMMV kind of thing.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
I have well aware of that thread. However I am looking for some recent experience. And to be exact where is the hotel desk/starbucks?

Also want to see if it is easy or YMMV kind of thing.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11270857-post20.html
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joorinainen
That's back in 2009, over 2 years ago.

I am looking for more recent experience.

And since you have been reading the other thread. Please read my Post #1 again. I am looking for more specific is anyone has been able to get free night of hotel for the HKG-IST-LAX deal.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 1:02 am

After leaving the arrival hall turn sharp right and walk a few hundred meters
straight ahead.
On your right hand side you'll notice Starbucks.
The TK-Hotel Desk is short before Starbucks also on your right.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 6:41 am

That's back in 2009, over 2 years ago.

I am looking for more recent experience.

And since you have been reading the other thread. Please read my Post #1 again. I am looking for more specific is anyone has been able to get free night of hotel for the HKG-IST-LAX deal.
Directions and the information in that thread hasn't changed. I have used it several times in the last 3 months. You are eligible to their hotel service. Walk to the counter -> present your boarding pass -> they ask you to wait in the starbucks -> they come to get you and driver takes you to one of their lovely hotels.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: UA MM, HH Gold, SPG LT Gold
Directions and the information in that thread hasn't changed. I have used it several times in the last 3 months. You are eligible to their hotel service. Walk to the counter -> present your boarding pass -> they ask you to wait in the starbucks -> they come to get you and driver takes you to one of their lovely hotels.
his connection is longer than 24 hours, what makes him eligible for free hotel? is that because no single flights out to LAX from 5:30am to next morning 11:10am, the so-called "forced layover"? thanks.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pm6163
his connection is longer than 24 hours, what makes him eligible for free hotel? is that because no single flights out to LAX from 5:30am to next morning 11:10am, the so-called "forced layover"? thanks.
Thank you. This is exactly my concern.

To answer your question. Yes, no TK direct flight for IST-LAX for sure.

That's why I want to hear from those who took HKG-IST-LAX and see if they have tried this.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moeser
After leaving the arrival hall turn sharp right and walk a few hundred meters
straight ahead.
On your right hand side you'll notice Starbucks.
The TK-Hotel Desk is short before Starbucks also on your right.
So is that before exiting custom? i.e. still within the secure area?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:28 am
Original Poster

I guess from the review if it is "Air Boss" I am SOL..
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:13 am

If you want five stars you should go on your own. I have experienced three different hotels including lovely Air Boss and they have been 2-3stars mostly. Enough for shower and sleep but not much more.

Yes. Hotel services are provided to passengers for connections that cannot be established within the same day or if the time between their connecting flights exceeds ten hours (seven hours for business class passengers) under the condition that they possess confirmed tickets for both flights. If there's no flight to your destination earlier and you have confirmed tickets you are eligible.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Unless there is no onward LAX flight the day you get into IST you won't qualify for the comp hotel. Suggest you book one yourself and go into the city and enjoy the sights. The airport shuttle bus service goes to Taksim Square and there's an IC and Hyatt there though not very convenient to main sites in the Horn district. There are HIs and BWs in this area you can book for $100 a night and get there by subway and tram, if not by cab.

Come to the Toronto Do on election day at the Gentle Giant on Front between Church and Jarvis, introduce yourself and I'll fill you in on Istanbul and the TK HKG-IST-LAX MR which I did in the spring, and will be doing again in two weeks time.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Unless there is no onward LAX flight the day you get into IST you won't qualify for the comp hotel. Suggest you book one yourself and go into the city and enjoy the sights. The airport shuttle bus service goes to Taksim Square and there's an IC and Hyatt there though not very convenient to main sites in the Horn district. There are HIs and BWs in this area you can book for $100 a night and get there by subway and tram, if not by cab.

Come to the Toronto Do on election day at the Gentle Giant on Front between Church and Jarvis, introduce yourself and I'll fill you in on Istanbul and the TK HKG-IST-LAX MR which I did in the spring, and will be doing again in two weeks time.
Thanks for the invite... Never been a Do before. And yes, I am from GTA. (and do read many of your posting on AC forum)

Yea. for the safe side I did booked a holiday inn, and according to the cancellation policy I have up to 4PM local time to cancel my booking w/o penalty. So I will see how it goes esp I will be arriving 5AM in the morning, should have plenty of time to figure things out. I might even want to spend some time in the TK lounge first.

After this trip I still have 2 x LAX-IST-HKG MR...
Old Oct 1, 2011, 2:28 am

So is that before exiting custom? i.e. still within the secure area?
No,after.Through the sliding doors and you'll be in the Arrival Hall then turn right.

If you're flying C it will be the Marriot Courtyard most probably.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.