Search

When will F come off the IST-HKG route?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2011, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BMI
When will F come off the IST-HKG route?

Hi,

I've got myself a reward booking (via BMI) in F on the 5th September. However, when I called up the BMI call centre they said they were not able to pre-assign me a seat... that got me worried. Have I been downgraded?

I heard elsewhere on the forum that the 77Ws were going back to Jet or they were removing the F cabin from the 12 September?

I tried doing a test booking online for the 5th September on the route and it came up with an error message when I selected F.

Should I be concerned?

Thanks

Jon
Old Aug 3, 2011, 5:04 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
I think you should... Cuz AFAIK now HKG-IST is J,Y+,Y config and not the F,J,Y anymore.

(See the other threads for HKG-IST-LAX.. Many booked Y+, even some initially get assigned to J because the lack of Y+ in older equipment. But eventually, everyone who get Y+ tickets ended up in Y+ seats.)
Old Aug 3, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
The seatmap is still for the F/J/Y 77W at the moment.

[KVS Availability Tool 6.3.0/Diamond - Amadeus Seat Map: 05 Sep 2011/TK 70/IST-HKG/77W/F-First]
Code:
       A    |   D   G    |   K       
 1     -        +   +        +       
 2     -        +   +        +       

[+] Available   [-] Unavailable    [E] Exit Row   
[W] Wing        [L] Lavatory       [U] Upper Deck
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I got though to TK and they prebooked me a seat. Hopefully that means there's not going to be any last min surprises!
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:02 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
The seatmap is still for the F/J/Y 77W at the moment.

[KVS Availability Tool 6.3.0/Diamond - Amadeus Seat Map: 05 Sep 2011/TK 70/IST-HKG/77W/F-First]
Code:
       A    |   D   G    |   K       
 1     -        +   +        +       
 2     -        +   +        +       

[+] Available   [-] Unavailable    [E] Exit Row   
[W] Wing        [L] Lavatory       [U] Upper Deck
Can't trust the seat maps... not until your butt is on the seat... It does show F/J/Y for one of my flight before, but got changed to J/Y+/Y later
Old Aug 4, 2011, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Away from YYZ
Can't trust the seat maps... not until your butt is on the seat... It does show F/J/Y for one of my flight before, but got changed to J/Y+/Y later

I am not saying the plane won't change, I am just saying that, if it will, TK themselves haven't made the change yet I agree seat maps are unreliable, but as of this moment, the plane is still scheduled as a FJY 77W. If TK knows the plane is going to be a J/Y+/Y config already, it would be beyond foolish of them to keep this FJY seat map active.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:14 am
tcm

I am not saying the plane won't change, I am just saying that, if it will, TK themselves haven't made the change yet I agree seat maps are unreliable, but as of this moment, the plane is still scheduled as a FJY 77W. If TK knows the plane is going to be a J/Y+/Y config already, it would be beyond foolish of them to keep this FJY seat map active.
Believe it won't be the first time they have done this. Beyond foolish is not uncommon with TK
Old Aug 6, 2011, 7:23 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
I had F J Y seatmap for ages, and flew on brand new TC-JJN. Availability was J U Y already for a while on KVS, so I was secretly hoping for a Suite with my J ticket. Although thy.com was selling F.

With only JJD active of the Jet planes as far as I know, do yourself a favor and rebook.

It went to Saudi a few days in a row around my flight.

SIN/CGK always shows 330 and the TK owned 332 seatmap - my friend there with access to airport systems says it has not been 332 but new 333 for months now. So whatever they load is not foolish, it's pure "we don't care".

But if you go for it, we will have a full blown comedy here posted about your downgrading compensation "discussion" with one of TGS's finest.

Last edited by LH747FTL; Aug 6, 2011 at 7:33 am
Old Aug 6, 2011, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by LH747FTL
SIN/CGK always shows 330 and the TK owned 332 seatmap - my friend there with access to airport systems says it has not been 332 but new 333 for months now. So whatever they load is not foolish, it's pure "we don't care".
I don't disagree that TK is lazy or doesn't care, but isn't it more work for them to have the wrong seatmap and then re-assign everyone's seats?

The TK owned 332s have only 22 seats vs the 30 of 333s so TK has to decide in advance which plane it is going to use otherwise it can't sell the 8 extra seats. (oversimplifcation, i know.)

If they have assigned it as a 333 and are selling all the 30 seats of the 333, it wouldn't be lazy of them to keep a 332 seatmap, it would just be a headache to change the seatmap once the correct seatmap is uploaded.

FWIW, TK is showing the 333 seatmap on the SIN flight everyday for the next week at least (and random days in September that I checked.)
Old Aug 6, 2011, 8:19 am
tcm

I don't disagree that TK is lazy or doesn't care, but isn't it more work for them to have the wrong seatmap and then re-assign everyone's seats?

The TK owned 332s have only 22 seats vs the 30 of 333s so TK has to decide in advance which plane it is going to use otherwise it can't sell the 8 extra seats. (oversimplifcation, i know.)

If they have assigned it as a 333 and are selling all the 30 seats of the 333, it wouldn't be lazy of them to keep a 332 seatmap, it would just be a headache to change the seatmap once the correct seatmap is uploaded.

FWIW, TK is showing the 333 seatmap on the SIN flight everyday for the next week at least (and random days in September that I checked.)
They usually determine the a/c type on actuall sales. If they sell enough F seats they tend to keep 9W birds for the flight. But as lh747ftl has pointed out TK will not have any problem to adjust the a/c according to the loads of the flight in question.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 11:55 am

They may have finally updated the TK66/67 seatmaps then. But last I checked it was showing the 22 seat TC-JNA-JNE cabin every day in June/July and all they apparently got was 333/343.

I'm sure the F cabin of TC-JJD is put to a better use on IST-Medina than HKG/JFK. That's what it did when I flew.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by LH747FTL

I'm sure the F cabin of TC-JJD is put to a better use on IST-Medina than HKG/JFK. That's what it did when I flew.
Nice! Was it sold as F/J/Y? J/Y? Or J/U/Y? (I may be misreading your post above.)
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:59 pm

Nice! Was it sold as F/J/Y? J/Y? Or J/U/Y? (I may be misreading your post above.)
JY mix of 738/321 seems to be loaded to Medinah. Yet they got TC-JJD.

My flight was loaded F/J/Y Jet machine but the result was J/U/Y brand new TC-JJN to HKG.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:33 pm

FWIW we flew F on the route on 3rd August and were informed by the cabin crew that it was the last TK F service flight to HKG.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Oh no, that's really bad news for me :S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.