FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   Is Global Entry worthwhile? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/917913-global-entry-worthwhile.html)

chugger1 Feb 13, 2011 10:23 am

Can I use my GE sticker in the Nexus line at the Rainbow Bridge crossing at Niagara Falls? Sorry if this question may have been addressed already but the thread is just too long to go searching through. Thanks in advance.

GoingAway Feb 13, 2011 10:50 am

Originally Posted by chugger1 (Post 15855932)
Can I use my GE sticker in the Nexus line at the Rainbow Bridge crossing at Niagara Falls? Sorry if this question may have been addressed already but the thread is just too long to go searching through. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately not ... they know Nexus and have no idea about GE

chugger1 Feb 13, 2011 11:00 am

Originally Posted by GoingAway (Post 15856064)
Unfortunately not ... they know Nexus and have no idea about GE

Of course, wouldn't want to strain their brains too much.

GoingAway Feb 13, 2011 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by chugger1 (Post 15856120)
Of course, wouldn't want to strain their brains too much.

I think GE has been implemented extremely well so would say this isn't an appropriate response. The technology related to GE is just not at the Canadian border because the investment in Nexus was already made and being utilized. It's not that big a deal - either cough up the money for Nexus or be treated like any other traveler for that border crossing.

dpdapper Feb 13, 2011 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by indo79 (Post 15855866)
When they say bring your conditional approval to the interview, is that just the page where you log in and they say it has been approved? I did not get any mail/email.

On the page where it says you've been conditionally approved there is a link to a letter that you need to print and bring with you.

FriendlySkies Feb 13, 2011 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by indo79 (Post 15855866)
When they say bring your conditional approval to the interview, is that just the page where you log in and they say it has been approved? I did not get any mail/email.

Probably won't be asked for it, but it's good to have, just in case..

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Feb 13, 2011 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by dpdapper (Post 15857640)
On the page where it says you've been conditionally approved there is a link to a letter that you need to print and bring with you.

Yeah. That's the page. Maybe it depends, but they did ask me for the conditional approval page. I don't remember whether it was an email or whether I just went to the page and printed out the part that said I was approved. I think I got an email.

indo79 Feb 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Thanks! didn't see that first time duh

dpdapper Feb 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by indo79 (Post 15858382)
Thanks! didn't see that first time duh

Happy to be of assistance! :)

nrgiii Feb 14, 2011 11:11 am

GE at non-GE airports ?

Are there any benefits or special procedures for those holding GE at non-GE airports? I'll be coming back from PVR via PHX and noticed PHX does not have GE.

nrg

FriendlySkies Feb 14, 2011 11:13 am

Originally Posted by nrgiii (Post 15861907)
Are there any benefits or special procedures for those holding GE at non-GE airports? I'll be coming back from PVR via PHX and noticed PHX does not have GE.

nrg

I've asked multiple CBP officers, and have never heard anything about that. Also called GE, and they said the same thing. You could always ask the officers working that day. Perhaps they'll let you cut the line.

SSmith Feb 14, 2011 11:26 am

Apologies if this has been asked before...

I have to travel to the UK with SSmith Jr who is 4 years old and doesn't have GE. I do have GE. Is there a way for me to use GE on my return or are we stuck in the regular line?

Steve

wilp888 Feb 14, 2011 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by SSmith (Post 15862027)
Apologies if this has been asked before...

I have to travel to the UK with SSmith Jr who is 4 years old and doesn't have GE. I do have GE. Is there a way for me to use GE on my return or are we stuck in the regular line?

Steve

I think you will have to use the regular lines as there is no provision for bringing a non-GE member along with a GE member through the kiosk. There were a couple of reports of people intentionally messing up their fingerprint scan to get a "X" on the receipt and then bringing family members along when they jump the line to talk to the CBP officer but I wouldn't count on that working all the time. Besides, the whole idea of the GE program is to expedite processing for screened members, not their friends or family.

drewguy Feb 15, 2011 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by wilp888 (Post 15862571)
Besides, the whole idea of the GE program is to expedite processing for screened members, not their friends or family.

True, but GE isn't available to a 4 year old (which probably are more trustworthy from a GE standpoint than most of the screened participants). Bringing a friend is more than slightly different.

Mabuk dan gila Feb 15, 2011 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy (Post 15871999)
True, but GE isn't available to a 4 year old (which probably are more trustworthy from a GE standpoint than most of the screened participants).

That's not true. DHS has identified hundreds of 4 year olds who are apparently such a threat to national security they warrant inclusion on various terror watch lists, no fly lists, selectee lists et al.;);):D