Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CLEAR coming to DEN!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2007, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
CLEAR coming to DEN!!!

They announced the new airports on TheDenverChannel.com ABC7 Denver 4PM news and DIA is one of them.

Please move this if it is in the wrong forum!!!
Old Jul 19, 2007, 6:16 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Let me invite further discussion by moving this to our Travel Safety/Security forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz
Old Jul 19, 2007, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I may clip from Wikipedia:

Currently the Registered Traveler program is fully operational under the program names Clear and RtGo. These Registered Traveler programs are currently in operation at the following airports:

Reno/Tahoe International Airport (RNO) under Unisys led "RtGo" program, enrollment center on-site
Orlando International Airport (MCO)
New York's John F. Kennedy Airport, Terminals 7, 4 and 1 (JFK)
Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC)
Indianapolis International Airport (IND)
Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG)

These airports are currently implementing RT programs:

Albany, New York (ALB)
Little Rock, Arkansas (LIT)
Newark Terminal B (EWR)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada (YYZ)

The following airports are intending to implement RT programs in the near future:

Denver, Colorado (DEN)
San Francisco, California (SFO)
Washington D.C. Dulles (IAD)
Washington D.C. Reagan National (DCA)

The following airports have expressed interest and/or have requested TSA approval for the RT program:

Los Angeles International (LAX)
Baltimore, Maryland (BWI)
Miami, Florida (MIA)
Jacksonville, Florida (JAX)
Chicago, Illinois -O'Hare (ORD)
Chicago, Illinois -Midway (MDW)
Anchorage, Alaska (ANC)
Atlanta, Georgia (ATL)
Birmingham, Alabama (BHM)
Huntsville, Alabama (HSV)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (PIT)
Springfield/Branson, Missouri (SGF)
Funny thing is, I thought I remembered SFO saying "no way" just a few months back. . .
Old Jul 19, 2007, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Please -- avoid giving any money to this program. You will not be exempt from the shoe carnival and will give your personal information over to who knows whom. I could go on. JUST SAY NO!
Old Jul 20, 2007, 1:24 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Denverites are some of the smartest people I know.

I hope they tell Comrade Hawley and his criminals to take Extorted Traveler and shove it where the sun don't shine.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 1:26 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I will not pay into this racket and I hope most others are unwilling to support such nonsense too. The government and contractors working with the government do not need to know the personal details of travellers in order to keep guns and bombs off planes.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There has to be a study somewhere in which the TSA came up with the number of passengers who would need to pay for this extortion in order for the government to break even. It would be interesting to know these statistics, both projected and actual. (This should be easy to FOIA -- specific enough and certainly in the public interest.)

If we are going to kill this progtram, we need to make sure the number of participants stays well below predictions, ensuring the government and the contractors lose big bucks.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
If we are going to kill this progtram, we need to make sure the number of participants stays well below predictions, ensuring the government and the contractors lose big bucks.
Full-page ad on USA Today; black background, white letters.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:37 am

Have it here in IND - excellent way to cut the backed up TSA line when I am running late and or just a lazy slug and haven't made it to IND ontime.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, WN CP, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bowdenj
Have it here in IND - excellent way to cut the backed up TSA line when I am running late and or just a lazy slug and haven't made it to IND ontime.
I am curious - does this just allow you to use the existing Elite/Premuim lines, or do they have a new, seperate line? I can see this "devaluing" the worth of elite status if not done properly, I.E. by adding seperate lines and seperate screeners, rather than allowing more people to jump to the front of the existing queue.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:38 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by DenverF9Flier
I am curious - does this just allow you to use the existing Elite/Premuim lines, or do they have a new, seperate line? I can see this "devaluing" the worth of elite status if not done properly, I.E. by adding seperate lines and seperate screeners, rather than allowing more people to jump to the front of the existing queue.
IND doesn't have elite lines at the B/C checkpoints. The Extorted Traveler kiosk and shoe sniffer is to the left of the entrance to the checkpoint. I don't care if it is faster: the only interaction I have with Extorted Traveler out of IND is a sneer.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:47 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
another waste of $100. trust the gub'ment with your personal data (i.e. the irs) is one thing but trust a private agency with it.....-n-f-w. just wait for a date security breach or someone on the nfl getting on clear.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:01 am

Programs: *wood Gold, Marriott Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Silver, F9 Ascent
Originally Posted by goalie
another waste of $100. trust the gub'ment with your personal data (i.e. the irs) is one thing but trust a private agency with it.....-n-f-w. just wait for a date security breach or someone on the nfl getting on clear.
I was talking to one of the guys in Security about it this morning. He was happy about the thought of being able to bypass the sea of humanity that pools up at the DEN checkpoints. He didn't seem to mind giving up the information required for access because "I've got a TS/SSBI/poly clearance and was on Presidential support when I was in the military. What could they possibly find that would keep me from getting cleared?" So I said it wasn't that he couldn't pass but it was the information that he had to provide....and not provide to DSS or FBI but rather submit it to a private company. He thought for a second and then @:-) he got it.

Okay I admit it, I'm bad I played on his emotions on that one because evidently his bank screwed up and sent some of his financial information to the wrong place and he had a really hard time trying to fix the situation. I also pointed out that the card is fine when it's just him but what about his wife? The kids? I'm not sure but I think that's potentially one less client.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by jonesing
I was talking to one of the guys in Security about it this morning. He was happy about the thought of being able to bypass the sea of humanity that pools up at the DEN checkpoints. He didn't seem to mind giving up the information required for access because "I've got a TS/SSBI/poly clearance and was on Presidential support when I was in the military. What could they possibly find that would keep me from getting cleared?" So I said it wasn't that he couldn't pass but it was the information that he had to provide....and not provide to DSS or FBI but rather submit it to a private company. He thought for a second and then @:-) he got it.

Okay I admit it, I'm bad I played on his emotions on that one because evidently his bank screwed up and sent some of his financial information to the wrong place and he had a really hard time trying to fix the situation. I also pointed out that the card is fine when it's just him but what about his wife? The kids? I'm not sure but I think that's potentially one less client.
^
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xyzzy
Please -- avoid giving any money to this program. You will not be exempt from the shoe carnival and will give your personal information over to who knows whom. I could go on. JUST SAY NO!
It appears it goes to Verified Identity passes' competitors.

http://www.btnmag.com/businesstravel..._id=1003614861

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.