Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

295,000 Nexus applications to be processed by Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat / OWE (Lifetime Gold), Aeroplan SE, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Avis Pres't Circle

https://torontosun.com/news/national...uck-in-backlog

It was reported on Canadian news services today that there are 295,000 Nexus applications in a "system backlog" on the Canadian side.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Chalkie
https://torontosun.com/news/national...uck-in-backlog

It was reported on Canadian news services today that there are 295,000 Nexus applications in a "system backlog" on the Canadian side.
While that figure is interesting and is slightly higher than the 270,000 number reported about a month ago, the article itself is rather lacking with regard to any details. This bit:
The CBSA says in an email that Canada and the United States have begun discussions about the date for the reopening of Canadian registration centres.
leaves out the fact that the holdup in opening Canadian registration centers is really due to an expired agreement to let US CBP officers carry guns while wrking in Canada. This article has more details. Sadly, it appears as if nothing has changed on this in the interim except that the backlog of applications has grown.
Chalkie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.