Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus reinstated at YVR?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Nexus reinstated at YVR?

I didn’t know where to stuff this question.

I know Nexus is funnelling into lane 1 at C pier (YVR) as always but I’m wondering if they’ve actually reinstated Nexus rules? They’ve told me the last couple of years that Nexus security rules were suspended for COVID.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope

I know Nexus is funnelling into lane 1 at C pier (YVR) as always but I’m wondering if they’ve actually reinstated Nexus rules? They’ve told me the last couple of years that Nexus security rules were suspended for COVID.
I'm at YVR now. Nexus lets you skip the long line, but same security as everyone else. I was assigned to an X-ray line with 4 people in front who were repacking their luggage ON THE CONVEYOR BELT. Poorly managed line - they should have been asked to move aside for those of us standing with our liquids and laptops already out.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope

As mentioned above, once you get to the front it's regular security (non-Nexus rules, boots off 2/3 of the time and yet NEVER when flying from north to south, but that's a separate discussion), but it's not always lane 1 ... you start there, but at the front they'll send you wherever. Had lane 6 once. So strange to be down at that end.

Keep in mind, the A/B gate security is also open, and still is always way quieter. Though often only one lane open, and it has the 4 person bin-conveyor system, which seems to confuse all FOTSGs, so it can to go slower if you're unlucky. Also they seem to prefer the full body scanner at that end. But if C is a zoo, it's still a reasonable consideration.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 10:46 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Keep in mind, the A/B gate security is also open, and still is always way quieter. Though often only one lane open, and it has the 4 person bin-conveyor system, which seems to confuse all FOTSGs, so it can to go slower if you're unlucky. Also they seem to prefer the full body scanner at that end. But if C is a zoo, it's still a reasonable consideration.
Good advice!

While I've been relatively lucky so far (including last week when I hit every red light on the way to YVR), it would be nice to have an outlet if required. If only the same strategy worked for the YVR Dom MLL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.