Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Translation Assistance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Translation Assistance

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2022, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Question Global Entry Translation Assistance

Hi, my parents want to get GE, they are not fluent in English. The only thing closest to this was the Spanish thread but we do not speak Spanish.

They likely need a translator.

I tried asking around and people said there's a checkbox you can check off to request assistance during the application process but when we applied for my boyfriend there was no such thing and even on the scheduling page there wasn't anything.

Is anyone familiar with something like this?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 1:00 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
From the official website of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection:And:Seems as if there is a plan. I have no idea if it has been implemented. I suggest calling the Global Entry Enrollment Center closest to them and asking; perhaps they will be permitted to bring someone who can translate for them if they don't have anyone on their staff who speaks that language..
Old Jan 27, 2022, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884
From the official website of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection:And:Seems as if there is a plan. I have no idea if it has been implemented. I suggest calling the Global Entry Enrollment Center closest to them and asking; perhaps they will be permitted to bring someone who can translate for them if they don't have anyone on their staff who speaks that language..
Thanks, I was double checking here to see if maybe I missed something in the application/scheduling.

Luckily we were able to secure an appointment for my boyfriend soon so I'll have him ask during his appointment.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by noungning
Thanks, I was double checking here to see if maybe I missed something in the application/scheduling.

Luckily we were able to secure an appointment for my boyfriend soon so I'll have him ask during his appointment.
Any update on this? Thanks
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Any update on this? Thanks
So what happened was I tried calling and no one ever picked up or called back. My bf had an appointment at the Boston location and asked the interviewer and he said it should be fine for me to just show up with them.

Both my parents had differing appointment dates in CT but I brought both of them to the earliest appointment. The gentleman conducting the interview was very accommodating and just did both of them on the same day.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:33 pm

So what happened was I tried calling and no one ever picked up or called back. My bf had an appointment at the Boston location and asked the interviewer and he said it should be fine for me to just show up with them.

Both my parents had differing appointment dates in CT but I brought both of them to the earliest appointment. The gentleman conducting the interview was very accommodating and just did both of them on the same day.
Thanks for the update. So were you the one interpreting for them?
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Thanks for the update. So were you the one interpreting for them?
Yup, I interpreted.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 5:06 am

Yup, I interpreted.
Awesome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.