Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

[Updated] Canadian NEXUS Enrollment Centers Have Reopened

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 17, 2021, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
US enrollment centres reopening APRIL 19, 2022

Release Date:

March 31, 2022

WASHINGTON — U.S. Customs and Border Protection is pleased to announce that the NEXUS and U.S./Canada FAST enrollment centers in the United States will reopen April 19, 2022.

Starting April 5, conditionally approved applicants may schedule interviews at U.S. NEXUS and U.S./Canada FAST enrollment centers in the United States on the Trusted Traveler portal. NEXUS and FAST enrollment centers in Canada remain closed until further notice. Applicants may enter the United States to complete their interview, but must meet all applicable travel requirements.

CBP asks all applicants to be patient, as there is a backlog of applications to be processed by a limited number of open enrollment centers. In order to prioritize new applicants requiring interviews, CBP asks existing NEXUS and FAST members to refrain from scheduling an appointment at this time. However, existing members are encouraged to renew their membership applications online before the expiration date on their cards to maintain their membership privileges until they are able to complete an interview at a later time.

NEXUS is a CBP program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk Canadian travelers upon arrival in the United States, while FAST allows expedited clearance into the United States for pre-approved, low-risk commercial drivers from Mexico and Canada. The non-refundable application fee for both programs is $50 each, and applications must be submitted through Trusted Traveler Programs website. Once the applicant successfully passes a background check, a CBP officer will conduct an interview with the applicant at select locations in the U.S. to make a final eligibility determination.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the comprehensive management, control, and protection of our nation’s borders, combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection at and between official ports of entry.
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/cbp-announces-reopening-us-nexusfast-enrollment-centers
Print Wikipost

[Updated] Canadian NEXUS Enrollment Centers Have Reopened

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:31 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Logged into TTP today and noticed "Interview Cancellation Summary" replacing Reschedule Interview.

Reason given for cancelation - CBSA will not be onsite at this location until further notice.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
For some reason, mine still shows as scheduled in late January at the Niagara Falls location. Holding out hope they expect to be open by then….
seawolf likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
For some reason, mine still shows as scheduled in late January at the Niagara Falls location. Holding out hope they expect to be open by then….
Same, April 2022 at Niagara Falls.
seawolf likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Nexus
That was odd, and surprising.
Just got a call from Blaine re my recently cancelled interview. They have a few slots open in late April, and HOPE to actually be open for those interviews.
mrlogboy likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Dec 24, 2021 at 4:23 pm Reason: Remote interviews comment and responses moved to the thread referenced below
Old Dec 29, 2021, 10:41 pm

Programs: Marriott, Delta, American
My late April Niagra Falls Appt is still on the website. No Zoom availability for me (never had it since reapplying)
Old Jan 7, 2022, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Called the Niagara Falls office this morning to check on my appointment which still shows as active for the middle of the month. As expected, the agent I spoke with advised they are not doing any interviews at the present time and to ignore the website which still lists my interview as on schedule... Back to the drawing board
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: Starbucks and MVP Gold
Got a TTP email today noting my appointment was cancelled (Jan 29, Blaine).

Also got the Dec email stating CBSA was suspending interviews. My presumption is no interviews until CBSA officers return stateside.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 4:20 pm

My mom's background check was finished and when I went to schedule an appointment, some locations were available, including Champlain on the eastern side of New York. I needed to schedule mine on the western side (Niagara Falls) and that was not listed as an option. Anyone know why some are open and others aren't? I also didn't see a Zoom video interview option either.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
My appointment for later this month in Blaine was also cancelled yesterday When I log into the portal, I see I am now past the 730 days since conditional approval, and I don't have an interview scheduled any longer. Am I at all at risk of having my application deleted from the system as the date shown for that has past? Or has CBP suspended/extended the timeframe further due to these closures?
Xyzzy and jamesl like this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by oreocookies
My mom's background check was finished and when I went to schedule an appointment, some locations were available, including Champlain on the eastern side of New York. I needed to schedule mine on the western side (Niagara Falls) and that was not listed as an option. Anyone know why some are open and others aren't? I also didn't see a Zoom video interview option either.
No interviews are being scheduled/conducted until CBSA decide it is safe to do so. The locations you see are just someone not properly hiding these locations in the website.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
No interviews are being scheduled/conducted until CBSA decide it is safe to do so. The locations you see are just someone not properly hiding these locations in the website.
Thanks for the explanation.

Gosh, it feels like the interviews had barely opened back up before stupid omicron caused an explosion of cases and shut everything down again. Hopefully omicron drops as quickly as it skyrocketed. This forum has done a great job of keeping me updated on things since news outlets don't seem to follow this too closely.
karensmith likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Nexus
Blaine was calling people who'd been cancelled and suggesting signing up for the appointments that were showing up as available in April.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 9:10 am

I had an appointment for Jan 21 at Whirlpool, it was still showing in the website so I left it.

​​​​They called today that it was cancelled due to office closure and to reschedule.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Niagara Falls called and left me a VM this morning to advise the appointment was canceled.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 5:37 am

My 1/21 appointment got cancelled as well. Don't see any available slots to reschedule on their website

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.