FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   [Updated] Canadian NEXUS Enrollment Centers Have Reopened (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/2058977-updated-canadian-nexus-enrollment-centers-have-reopened.html)

mrlogboy Mar 15, 2022 11:06 am

Originally Posted by seadan (Post 34077533)
I would call the office and ask. I had to do a similar doc update with a new passport for Global Entry and I was directed to the CBP office at SeaTac airport -- super easy to do there as a walk in (but not sure if they handle NEXUS updates).

I can speak for the Nexus update. My wife needs to provide a birth certificate document. And the offices in Blaine Washington said they were the only ones where we can bring it to. This was in December when the offices were open so now next time we go across the border at Blaine Vancouver I guess we’ll just call ahead and see if they’re open and if they can accept this type of process. So I agree it would be best for you to call Blaine Washington.

sadly GE is included in Nexus but The Nexus computer/set up is slightly different because it’s integrated with Canada as opposed to GE that is US only. That is what I was told in December

mrlogboy Mar 15, 2022 11:14 am

Originally Posted by seadan (Post 34077533)
I would call the office and ask. I had to do a similar doc update with a new passport for Global Entry and I was directed to the CBP office at SeaTac airport -- super easy to do there as a walk in (but not sure if they handle NEXUS updates).

I can speak for the Nexus update. My wife needs to provide a birth certificate document. And the offices in Blaine Washington said they were the only ones where we can bring it to. This was in December when the offices were open so now next time we go across the border at Blaine Vancouver I guess we’ll just call ahead and see if they’re open and if they can accept this type of process. So I agree it would be best for you to call Blaine Washington.

sadly GE is included in Nexus but The Nexus computer/set up is slightly different because it’s integrated with Canada as opposed to GE that is US only. That is what I was told in December

karensmith Mar 17, 2022 11:33 am

With Canada ending testing to re-enter if you're vaccinated as of April 1 hopefully they'll be opening up offices soon.

Cat Man Do Mar 28, 2022 10:41 pm

...and my April 18 appointment just got cancelled today.

FriendlySkies Mar 29, 2022 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Cat Man Do (Post 34116237)
...and my April 18 appointment just got cancelled today.

which interview location?

Cat Man Do Mar 29, 2022 9:18 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 34116512)
which interview location?

Blaine.

FriendlySkies Mar 29, 2022 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Cat Man Do (Post 34117312)
Blaine.

Did you call and ask why it was canceled?

seawolf Mar 29, 2022 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 34117560)
Did you call and ask why it was canceled?

There should be a reason listed in the Interview Cancellation Summary in TTP.

Probably because they don't expect CBSA to resume NEXUS interviews by that time.

kxs250 Mar 30, 2022 7:40 am

Seems that interviews will be resuming in the US again:

CBC News: NEXUS screening interviews to resume next month — but only in the U.S..https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/nex...sume-1.6401911

TropicalTripper Mar 30, 2022 8:35 am

Originally Posted by kxs250 (Post 34120258)
Seems that interviews will be resuming in the US again:

CBC News: NEXUS screening interviews to resume next month — but only in the U.S..https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/nex...sume-1.6401911

Good news. A couple weeks ago Fort Eerie (Canada) opened some appointments for this summer and I was able to get back-to-back appointments for my wife and I on 6/19. Hopefully they'll be open by then. I'd prefer to get something in Blaine or Vancouver so I can visit family and friends in WA/BC. The only location with open appointments now is Sweet Grass, but their first appointment isn't until October. I will be refreshing regularly since U.S. locations will likely open some appointments with this announcement.

karensmith Mar 30, 2022 1:04 pm

That news is step in right direction, hopefully Canada will open soon, but if I can get a Whirlpool one I'd just go there. Hopefully they add appointments soon.

seawolf Mar 31, 2022 7:49 am

WASHINGTON — U.S. Customs and Border Protection is pleased to announce that the NEXUS and U.S./Canada FAST enrollment centers in the United States will reopen April 19, 2022.

Starting April 5, conditionally approved applicants may schedule interviews at U.S. NEXUS and U.S./Canada FAST enrollment centers in the United States on the Trusted Traveler portal. NEXUS and FAST enrollment centers in Canada remain closed until further notice. Applicants may enter the United States to complete their interview, but must meet all applicable travel requirements.

CBP asks all applicants to be patient, as there is a backlog of applications to be processed by a limited number of open enrollment centers. In order to prioritize new applicants requiring interviews, CBP asks existing NEXUS and FAST members to refrain from scheduling an appointment at this time. However, existing members are encouraged to renew their membership applications online before the expiration date on their cards to maintain their membership privileges until they are able to complete an interview at a later time.

NEXUS is a CBP program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk Canadian travelers upon arrival in the United States, while FAST allows expedited clearance into the United States for pre-approved, low-risk commercial drivers from Mexico and Canada. The non-refundable application fee for both programs is $50 each, and applications must be submitted through Trusted Traveler Programs website. Once the applicant successfully passes a background check, a CBP officer will conduct an interview with the applicant at select locations in the U.S. to make a final eligibility determination.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security charged with the comprehensive management, control, and protection of our nation’s borders, combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection at and between official ports of entry.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/nationa...llment-centers

TropicalTripper Mar 31, 2022 1:35 pm

Calais, ME Appointments Released

For anyone looking, Calais, Maine just opened appointments from April to October, with availability on Tu, We, Th. Looks like it's a little less than a 2-hour drive from Bangor. I plan to hold on to my Ft. Eerie appointment for June.

karensmith Mar 31, 2022 1:38 pm

Maine shows April 5, but article says centers open on 19th. Hopefully the people getting 5th don't have their appointment cancelled.

Xyzzy Mar 31, 2022 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by TropicalTripper (Post 34124659)
For anyone looking, Calais, Maine just opened appointments from April to October, with availability on Tu, We, Th. Looks like it's a little less than a 2-hour drive from Bangor. I plan to hold on to my Ft. Eerie appointment for June.

Wow - that was n:pt there this morning!

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...1cbcdfb86a.png