FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   [Updated] Canadian NEXUS Enrollment Centers Have Reopened (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/2058977-updated-canadian-nexus-enrollment-centers-have-reopened.html)

seawolf Apr 11, 2022 3:11 pm

Champlain availability now open

tajee165 Apr 11, 2022 3:23 pm

I see spots open up intermittently before April 19, 2022 - if we book one of these, it'll surely be cancelled, right? I'm currently holding a June slot for Niagara Falls.

NanQuaBell Apr 11, 2022 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by tajee165 (Post 34156730)
I see spots open up intermittently before April 19, 2022 - if we book one of these, it'll surely be cancelled, right? I'm currently holding a June slot for Niagara Falls.

Yeah, I would not rely on any appt showing up before April 19th. They need the CBSA there at the US locations to perform all Nexus interviews in conjunction with a CBP officer and that is not planned until the 19th.

sonetlumiere2 Apr 11, 2022 7:12 pm

Possible May appointment at Niagara Falls

Originally Posted by NanQuaBell (Post 34156845)
Yeah, I would not rely on any appt showing up before April 19th. They need the CBSA there at the US locations to perform all Nexus interviews in conjunction with a CBP officer and that is not planned until the 19th.

I just rescheduled a 5/11 appointment at Niagara Falls to Champlain. If anyone needs a Niagara Falls appt. it might be worth checking to see if the slot I relinquished is now available.

Shaun Greene Apr 12, 2022 10:26 am

Hey guys, a whole bunch of appointments just opened in Blaine for August/September. They weren't there an hour ago.

dhdesigns Apr 13, 2022 9:50 am

Thanks!! I got one for August 16............that's a long way off - hopefully they will start Canadian locations in the meantime.

NanQuaBell Apr 13, 2022 9:33 pm

April interview dates

Just curious…has anyone out there gotten an April interview date at any of the centres? One that was booked since the announcement of the reopening, not one that happened to be booked before the last shutdown and just not cancelled. I’ve read of many in months May through September depending on location but haven’t read of any successful in booking April 19th through 30th.

seawolf Apr 13, 2022 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by NanQuaBell (Post 34163436)
Just curious…has anyone out there gotten an April interview date at any of the centres? One that was booked since the announcement of the reopening, not one that happened to be booked before the last shutdown and just not cancelled. I’ve read of many in months May through September depending on location but haven’t read of any successful in booking April 19th through 30th.

There were plenty available last week at several locations.

tajee165 Apr 13, 2022 10:29 pm

If you’re looking for appointments before a specific date, you can also use Appointment Scanner to set email and/or text alerts. It’s a paid service that does exactly what it sounds like it does.

I’ve never used it so can’t vouch for it personally, but I know someone who just grabbed April 22 at Niagara Falls using it. Just putting it out here in case someone finds it useful.

shenyi26 Apr 14, 2022 11:38 pm

Secured two appointments at Blaine office in Sept (regret for missing earlier slots :( ).
Does Nexus give any kind of temporary card that you can use right away (like a temporary driver license till you receive the formal one)?

seawolf Apr 14, 2022 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by shenyi26 (Post 34166529)
Secured two appointments at Blaine office in Sept (regret for missing earlier slots :( ).
Does Nexus give any kind of temporary card that you can use right away (like a temporary driver license till you receive the formal one)?

no. Only feature that can be used right after approval is global entry flying into US and possibly TSA Pre.

SYM Apr 17, 2022 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by TropicalTripper (Post 34139229)
Yeah, I was expecting more of an appointment dump too. I do see that Pembina, ND dropped some appointments this afternoon, and Sweetgrass, MT still has slots open for later in the year, but those locations are pretty remote. Odd that Calais, Maine added some appointments last week, but they don't even show up as a scheduling location now. Other U.S. locations are missing, like Buffalo.

I grabbed one of the Calais appointments for early May. What's the wisdom of the board? Should I be worried that they don't show up as a scheduling location. My appointment is still showing valid. But it's a 4+ hour drive/8 hours round-trip, so I'm a bit nervous

seawolf Apr 17, 2022 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by SYM (Post 34172898)
I grabbed one of the Calais appointments for early May. What's the wisdom of the board? Should I be worried that they don't show up as a scheduling location. My appointment is still showing valid. But it's a 4+ hour drive/8 hours round-trip, so I'm a bit nervous

Have you checked recently? Calais shows up for me and shows plenty of availability including one on April 19 at 2:15PM.

SYM Apr 17, 2022 8:43 pm

Thanks - that is very reassuring. I checked a few days ago (after seeing @TropicalTripper's post upthread about it no longer showing up as a location) and confirmed that it was not there. If it is back, that must be a good sign!

jamiel Apr 20, 2022 7:14 pm

I found one for tomorrow at Port Huron last Friday--nothing available then bingo--one time became available.