Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

How are the GE lines affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.

Watching and see the mass groups from ORD this weekend due to the ongoing Coronavirus 19 , how are the GE lines in these 12-14 airports now ?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 6:25 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Arrived at IAD 14 March and seemed pretty normal in GE and (from what I could see) regular lines. Happened to have a few people in front of us who took forever at the passport control desk for some reason but otherwise smooth.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Flyiboy
Watching and see the mass groups from ORD this weekend due to the ongoing Coronavirus 19 , how are the GE lines in these 12-14 airports now ?
As good as usual or better than usual at ORD and EWR; but much higher chances of getting the X on the GE receipt. It’s the medical screening related procedures that are more of a slowdown for arriving passengers, and GE isn’t to be a skip around that.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Nexus
I came through LAX Thursday afternoon. No GE lines at all - everyone through one funnel. That said, it took five minutes, and no questioning either at immigration or at customs exit.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
I have read a few things that indicate GE kiosks are not operational at this time. Is this true? I will be arriving at ORD next week, coming from UK. US citizen and hoping GE kiosks are available. Anyone with recent experience?
Old Jun 29, 2020, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by houstr8male
I have read a few things that indicate GE kiosks are not operational at this time. Is this true? I will be arriving at ORD next week, coming from UK. US citizen and hoping GE kiosks are available. Anyone with recent experience?
Wondering the same thing, has GE reopened or does anyone have a timeline for reopening?
Old Jul 1, 2020, 6:36 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by houstr8male
Did you have your flight back? If so, were they open or closed?
Old Jul 1, 2020, 8:49 pm

Hi all,

i am also interested in these questions about whether GE Kiosks are operational. I’m traveling into IAD so really interested in if anybody has any recent data points.

Old Jul 4, 2020, 1:40 pm

Just flew into ORD and the GE kiosks are only for crew. So it's closed for us
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by jason8612
Just flew into ORD and the GE kiosks are only for crew. So it's closed for us
ah boo!

do you know, or happened to see whether, the Mobile Passport Control lane was open? It is an alternative to GE so thought might speed things up if GE is closed.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 3:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Simon Schus
ah boo!

do you know, or happened to see whether, the Mobile Passport Control lane was open? It is an alternative to GE so thought might speed things up if GE is closed.
At ORD, repeated reports of it having been closed when GE was closed.

Elsewhere where GE was suspended in June, MPC was reported as suspended too. Not sure yet if MPC being closed was a staffing issue or just a default policy for most/all those airports that had MPC in February but have had GE disabled during this coronavirus situation from some points in March and since.

But even yesterday, it was possible to get the MPC apps to produce MPC receipts for arrivals into ORD. Getting an MPC receipt doesn’t mean MPC is open.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 5, 2020 at 4:04 am
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Simon Schus
ah boo!

They were closed. The MPC and the app version too. Everyone had to have the paper filled out and wait in the regular line, sadly
Old Jul 6, 2020, 12:32 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Anyone been through MIA lately with GE?

Not understanding why GE would be closed. If the choices are a quick trip through GE, vs standing in a line with a lot of people, surely the line is the worse of the two?
Old Jul 6, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by bchandler02
Anyone been through MIA lately with GE?

Not understanding why GE would be closed. If the choices are a quick trip through GE, vs standing in a line with a lot of people, surely the line is the worse of the two?
I passed through MIA 2 weeks ago. There was no line whatsoever for GE. I did get randomly selected for an ag check. Even with that check, I still beat my bag to baggage claim.
bchandler02 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
I passed through MIA 2 weeks ago. There was no line whatsoever for GE. I did get randomly selected for an ag check. Even with that check, I still beat my bag to baggage claim.
Did you notice if MPC was operating there at the same time as GE?

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 6, 2020 at 3:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.