Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Priority and non-priority PreCheck flyers in same group

Old Jul 2, 19, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Hi
We are traveling from Delta from LAX to NYC JFK. Our group has passengers with priority tickets and others with non priority.

But everyone in our group has TSA pre-check.

So can we all go thru the TSA-pre check together?

I dont know if there is a TSA pre check for priority and a separate one for non priority?

Thank you
Old Jul 3, 19, 9:20 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by lindalogan View Post
Hi
We are traveling from Delta from LAX to NYC JFK. Our group has passengers with priority tickets and others with non priority.

I dont know if there is a TSA pre check for priority and a separate one for non priority?

Thank you
I don't know about LAX Terminals 2 and 3, where Delta is located, however, at each of Terminals 4, 5, 6 and 7, the same TSA PreCheck security checkpoint is used by both priority and non-priority passengers.
Old Jul 3, 19, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lindalogan View Post
Hi

Thank you
To answer your first question above: Yes, you can all go via PreCheck together there. That approach is standardized nationwide, regardless of priority status with an airline.

At some airports in the Rocky Mountain and Pacific Coast time zones that have separate PreCheck and SkyPriority lines, those using the SkyPriority lines with a PreCheck boarding pass have been given PreCheck type screening after presentation of the PreCheck boarding pass to the TSA travel document checker. The way this works is the TSA TDC checker tells you to show the PreCheck boarding pass or a PreCheck access card (or both) to a TSA screener by the baggage scanner belt and then the TSA screener will enable getting screened like in the PreCheck line despite not using a dedicated PreCheck line. Iíve not seen LAX work this way for DL flights, but itís been the case with DL flights out of other airports in California and states in the same or the neighboring time zone.

When Iíve had SkyPriority boarding passes Iíve been able to take my family members in with me via SkyPriority lines regardless of what their boarding pass states. But LAX may be more of a stickler about ďcoattailsĒ when it comes to SkyPriority lane use than other airports.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 3, 19 at 1:50 pm

Search this Thread