Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Advice on renewing NEXUS vs. GE [priority is avoiding an interview]

Old Apr 16, 19, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite

My NEXUS expires this year. I logged into the portal and see that I can renew NEXUS or switch to GE.

Prior to filling out or submitting anything for renewal, for either the NEXUS or GE option, I get a notice saying an interview will be required. Does this notice mean I'm certain to need to re-interview, or is it possible I'd go through the renewal process and find out I don't need to interview again?

I can do with either NEXUS or GE only; my highest priority is not to have to re-interview, if that's possible. Any tips are appreciated.
Old Apr 16, 19, 12:54 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by davie355 View Post
My NEXUS expires this year. I logged into the portal and see that I can renew NEXUS or switch to GE.

Prior to filling out or submitting anything for renewal, for either the NEXUS or GE option, I get a notice saying an interview will be required. Does this notice mean I'm certain to need to re-interview, or is it possible I'd go through the renewal process and find out I don't need to interview again?

I can do with either NEXUS or GE only; my highest priority is not to have to re-interview, if that's possible. Any tips are appreciated.
There is no guarantee by either program if an interview is not required. Most first renewals reported an interview was not required. So take your chance by flipping a coin. Irregardless of your decision, renew ASAP because renewal process may take up to 3 months, similar to initial application.
Old Apr 17, 19, 9:37 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
We renewed (first renewal) our Nexus last year and no interview was required.

Search this Thread