Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Do I need to notify NEXUS that I received a new job, even if I'm on same visa type?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do I need to notify NEXUS that I received a new job, even if I'm on same visa type?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

I recently started a new job on a TN visa in the US. My previous job was on a TN as well and I updated my NEXUS information at an enrollment center at that time so I could select my status on the Kiosks at airports.

Since I am still on a TN visa, do I need to let NEXUS know that I have a new job with a new TN?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold
Yes. Your employer (plus the company address, your job title, etc.) is part of the record so you should update at an enrollment center.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Ok sounds good. I live in LA and there doesn't happen to be any NEXUS specific enrollment centers. Would I be able to update my info at a Global Entry Enrollment center?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by dimitryvin
Ok sounds good. I live in LA and there doesn't happen to be any NEXUS specific enrollment centers. Would I be able to update my info at a Global Entry Enrollment center?
I don't think GE manages anything with your NEXUS info. But this could be done just the next time you fly (i.e. I don't see the urgency before then).

I moved in April 2018 (within SF) and waited until August to update my address at YVR Nexus centre (en route to YYZ).
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by g3n1us
I don't think GE manages anything with your NEXUS info. But this could be done just the next time you fly (i.e. I don't see the urgency before then).

I moved in April 2018 (within SF) and waited until August to update my address at YVR Nexus centre (en route to YYZ).
Did you have to setup an appointment? Or do they accept walk-ins? I'm flying back to Canada for the holidays so I might be able to squeeze in something.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by dimitryvin
Did you have to setup an appointment? Or do they accept walk-ins? I'm flying back to Canada for the holidays so I might be able to squeeze in something.
You may only schedule appointments for initial/renewal interviews. All other transactions, such as record updates, are walk-in only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.