Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

RTP-NL registration for non-EU passports

Old Jan 20, 18, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Folks - would anyone know if the Netherlands RTP-NL is open for non-EU passport holders yet? Registration was supposed to open back in 2017, but it was pushed back to Q1 2018.

Last time I checked automated exit is already active for select non-EU passports, such as US and Canada, but the automated entry is still EU+CH only.
Old Jan 27, 18, 8:58 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
They still expect Q1 2018:
We expect that we will be able to facilitate the new programme from the first quarter of 2018.
To enrol in the RTP-NL programme, travellers need to be over 16 years of age and hold an e-Passport from Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, New Zealand, Canada or the United States of America.

Currently self-service control is for passengers with passports from:
EU/EEA, Switzerland, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zeeland, S-Korea, Singapore and the USA.
Old Jan 30, 18, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Grouchy View Post
Currently self-service control is for passengers with passports from:
EU/EEA, Switzerland, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zeeland, S-Korea, Singapore and the USA.
AFAIK the program is only for EU/EEA/CH passengers. All others would need to register for RTP-NL to be able to enter The Netherlands via these machines, hence my initial question.

Exit is already allowed for US/Canada and maybe others without prior registration.
Old Jan 31, 18, 7:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
I posted a message on the KMAR's Facebook page about this two weeks ago.

This was their reply:
Koninklijke Marechaussee We kunnen momenteel geen exacte datum noemen. Wel kunnen wij melden dat we momenteel aan het testen zijn.
They could not give a date, but they can say they are testing the systems right now.
Old Apr 30, 18, 3:46 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
Its been delayed yet again. It now states sometime in 2018 on their website...
Old Dec 23, 18, 9:11 am

Bumping this thread out of curiosity - RTP-NL seems to have disappeared from the Schiphol website completely. Did it get put on hold?
Old Dec 23, 18, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by redct View Post
Bumping this thread out of curiosity - RTP-NL seems to have disappeared from the Schiphol website completely. Did it get put on hold?
For reasons not just related to Brexit, I suspect that the Dutch approach is going to be to allow a growing variety of “third country” nationals to use the AMS egates to some degree even without registering into RTP-NL.
Old Dec 25, 18, 4:48 pm

Old Jan 4, 19, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, IHG Plat
The latest info is that RTP-NL goes live in March: https://insideflyer.nl/automated-bor...s-with-rtp-nl/
Old Feb 10, 19, 5:28 am

Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL DM (sigh) MM(!), HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I just crossed INTL to Schengen this morning and while nothing is operational yet there is a "new" (I haven't been here in a few months) queue to the left of the EU/CH automatic gates. I couldn't see the new signage directly, but it appeared to be almost identical to the already existing Schengen to INTL signage (where US, CA, JP, and a couple of others can use the automatic gates without registration). I don't remember seeing anything about RTP-NL on the new sign.

Whether or not registration is required, I'm certainly looking forward to this, as it took a solid 20-30 minutes to clear immigration in the "All Passports" lane this morning. (Granted, not as bad as I've seen.)

Search this Thread