Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

RTP-NL registration for non-EU passports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Folks - would anyone know if the Netherlands RTP-NL is open for non-EU passport holders yet? Registration was supposed to open back in 2017, but it was pushed back to Q1 2018.

Last time I checked automated exit is already active for select non-EU passports, such as US and Canada, but the automated entry is still EU+CH only.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
They still expect Q1 2018:
We expect that we will be able to facilitate the new programme from the first quarter of 2018.
To enrol in the RTP-NL programme, travellers need to be over 16 years of age and hold an e-Passport from Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, New Zealand, Canada or the United States of America.

Currently self-service control is for passengers with passports from:
EU/EEA, Switzerland, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zeeland, S-Korea, Singapore and the USA.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Grouchy
Currently self-service control is for passengers with passports from:
EU/EEA, Switzerland, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zeeland, S-Korea, Singapore and the USA.
AFAIK the program is only for EU/EEA/CH passengers. All others would need to register for RTP-NL to be able to enter The Netherlands via these machines, hence my initial question.

Exit is already allowed for US/Canada and maybe others without prior registration.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I posted a message on the KMAR's Facebook page about this two weeks ago.

This was their reply:
Koninklijke Marechaussee We kunnen momenteel geen exacte datum noemen. Wel kunnen wij melden dat we momenteel aan het testen zijn.
They could not give a date, but they can say they are testing the systems right now.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Its been delayed yet again. It now states sometime in 2018 on their website...
Old Dec 23, 2018, 9:11 am

Bumping this thread out of curiosity - RTP-NL seems to have disappeared from the Schiphol website completely. Did it get put on hold?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:06 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by redct
Bumping this thread out of curiosity - RTP-NL seems to have disappeared from the Schiphol website completely. Did it get put on hold?
For reasons not just related to Brexit, I suspect that the Dutch approach is going to be to allow a growing variety of “third country” nationals to use the AMS egates to some degree even without registering into RTP-NL.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:48 pm

Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
The latest info is that RTP-NL goes live in March: https://insideflyer.nl/automated-bor...s-with-rtp-nl/
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: life ritz platinum, SA hon circle, Eastern Executive Traveler, Delta Flying Colonel, AA Admiral VIP
When will Privium be open again to US passport holders?

(if this is posted, could not find by search).
Anybody know when Privium will be open to US passport holders again. For a while with global entry it was.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I just crossed INTL to Schengen this morning and while nothing is operational yet there is a "new" (I haven't been here in a few months) queue to the left of the EU/CH automatic gates. I couldn't see the new signage directly, but it appeared to be almost identical to the already existing Schengen to INTL signage (where US, CA, JP, and a couple of others can use the automatic gates without registration). I don't remember seeing anything about RTP-NL on the new sign.

Whether or not registration is required, I'm certainly looking forward to this, as it took a solid 20-30 minutes to clear immigration in the "All Passports" lane this morning. (Granted, not as bad as I've seen.)
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Re-opening this thread.
I nearly applied for Privium (Basic - the premium one is unavailable as far as I know).
But since I wasn’t going to the NL much (int’l <> Schengen) it didn’t make much sense.
Now, I’ve found that both South Korea (SES?) and Privium are no longer available.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 1:23 am

It seems to keep getting delayed. But as I understand it, RTP-NL will finally go live in September 2019. Only then US citizens will be able to register for RTP-NL and join Privium.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 3:52 am

RTP-NL will probably be available during the 2nd quarter of 2020

I was going through passport control and I was able to see that the signs to e-gates now have the RTP-NL sign hidden by a black sticker. You can also see the sign for where you can register for the RTP-NL Programme.

I asked Schiphol via twitter regarding this and I got an answer below:
Thank you for your question! The latest update we have received about the re-introduction of RTP-NL stated that it is expected to be activated again in the second quarter of 2020. Those registered with RTP-NL can then become a Privium member at our airport without a European passport. More information will follow soon!
So if there are no more delays, we can probably expect it to be available sometime between April and July this year.

Last edited by pswlsy; Jan 4, 2020 at 4:03 am
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:08 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
That is a strange reply. They seem to imply that RTP-NL registrees without an EU passport need to become a Privium member which is a paid subscription. Originally, RTP-NL would afford access to the e-gates free of charge for certain non-EU nationalities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.