Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

German Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

German Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2021, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes, the KTN remains the same. If you renew at a later date, the renewal will still count from Feb 22. Finding some time to come to one of the 6 BuPo offices in the next 6 months should be possible? https://www.easypass.de/EasyPass/EN/...pass_node.html
well, it is not about finding time… it about doing a trip to Germany while I have absolutely no incentive of doing so…(well, at least to cities which have a BuPo office)

I do not live in Germany
GUWonder likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 2:24 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I know, but HAM is not far away
Old Aug 26, 2021, 1:24 am

I know, but HAM is not far away
True, but still added cost (time and money) making GE/TT quite expensive. I have no plans to do anything in HAM in the next few months. MAYBE next summer.

Anyway, I will try to organize a long FRA or MUC layover.
GUWonder likes this.

Last edited by fassy; Aug 26, 2021 at 2:58 am
Old Feb 28, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, IHG Plat, HH Silver, DB BahnComfort
Global Entry Renewal "Pending Review" - for 2 1/2 Years!

My wife is a German citizen and was already given membership in the Global Entry program once (in 2014) under the reciprocal program with Germany. Her membership was due to expire at the end of 2019, so she applied for renewal about 6 months prior to expiration. Since then, her application has been in "Pending Review" status. Unfortunately, since then her passport as well as her GE membership have expired. Last December (2021) we visited the US for the first time since COVID and updated the application with her new passport info at the global entry office at SFO. We asked about the reason for the delay but the officer we spoke with just said that this is normal for a non-citizen non-resident. Somehow I can't quite believe that a 2 1/2 year wait is normal for any renewal! After reading this forum I found the link for submitting a written inquiry to CBP, which we did in January. So far we have received no response. Any suggestions on what our next step might be? We are planning our next trip to the States in August: it would be great if we could resolve the problem before then.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:30 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by david7031
My wife is a German citizen and was already given membership in the Global Entry program once (in 2014) under the reciprocal program with Germany. Her membership was due to expire at the end of 2019, so she applied for renewal about 6 months prior to expiration. Since then, her application has been in "Pending Review" status. Unfortunately, since then her passport as well as her GE membership have expired. Last December (2021) we visited the US for the first time since COVID and updated the application with her new passport info at the global entry office at SFO. We asked about the reason for the delay but the officer we spoke with just said that this is normal for a non-citizen non-resident. Somehow I can't quite believe that a 2 1/2 year wait is normal for any renewal! After reading this forum I found the link for submitting a written inquiry to CBP, which we did in January. So far we have received no response. Any suggestions on what our next step might be? We are planning our next trip to the States in August: it would be great if we could resolve the problem before then.
Did she undergo a background check with the Bundespolizei for the renewal applicaiton?
Yes, BuPo input is required for the renewal. It seems the BuPo now needs your PASSID/KTN to send the message to the CBP. So have it handy when you show up in their office.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, IHG Plat, HH Silver, DB BahnComfort
Originally Posted by TWA884
Did she undergo a background check with the Bundespolizei for the renewal applicaiton?
No. I didn't know that that was necessary. Thank you for finding that for me! The question now is, since her membership has expired and her PASSID is no longer valid, whether that will still work and cause the application to be reopened. But we will try it!
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:51 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by david7031
No. I didn't know that that was necessary. Thank you for finding that for me! The question now is, since her membership has expired and her PASSID is no longer valid, whether that will still work and cause the application to be reopened. But we will try it!
The KTN/PASSID stays the same.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Hi All

German citizen here living in the UK and applied today for renewal.

As I will be in FRA next week, I am wondering if I need to see the German Border police to get a background check done?

Tried to find it out on the TTP webpage but it seems German background check is only required for first time applications?

Many thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2022, 3:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Hi All

German citizen here living in the UK and applied today for renewal.

As I will be in FRA next week, I am wondering if I need to see the German Border police to get a background check done?

Tried to find it out on the TTP webpage but it seems German background check is only required for first time applications?

Many thanks!
Update: Went to BuPo Fra and got my full approval without interview two weeks after.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 2:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Applied for my 2nd renewal on March 13, visited the MUC BuPo office on March 19. They need the KTN/PASSID to be scribbled on the bottom of the form and they transmit it to the CBP. I wonder how that is supposed to work for new applicants The process took about 10 mins. Both officers immediately knew what to do.

Anyway, now waiting for the CBP to check my application. 🤞
Old Apr 26, 2023, 3:00 am

Programs: EB*D, M&M, IHG, Hilton Hhonors
I applied for renewal on March 13, went to BER BuPO on April 1. Conditionally approved on April 26.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 2:32 pm

Second renewal, applied mid March and did my Bundespolizei visit on March 18. Hear nothing for two months, so went again there mid May to make sure the CBP received the clearance from the Germans. On Friday I received an email that my status had changed. Application got approved, now GE till my birthday in 2028 So this time it took about 100 days to renew.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 4:15 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
Quick question: I see I have to start an application for GE now before going to the BuPo. Once I get a PASSID from the US, it says I have to take that to the BuPo, which I can do on my next trip to DE. Do I have to make an appoint at the BuPo, and how long should I budget in terms of the time I need at the BuPo office?
Old Feb 15, 2024, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by pianoamit
Quick question: I see I have to start an application for GE now before going to the BuPo. Once I get a PASSID from the US, it says I have to take that to the BuPo, which I can do on my next trip to DE. Do I have to make an appoint at the BuPo, and how long should I budget in terms of the time I need at the BuPo office?
5 minutes for the processing of your data and additional time if there's a queue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.