Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Using KTN/PASSID before Global Entry Final Approval?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using KTN/PASSID before Global Entry Final Approval?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Gold; SPG Gold; Hilton Honours Gold; Golden Circle Jade
Originally Posted by jb510
I noticed after submitting my GE application on GOES that a PASSID is assigned even though my app is "pending review" (submitted yesterday).

Anyone tried using it as KTN for domestic pre-check prior prior to advancing to "conditional approval / pending interview" or even just prior to interview and approval.
Does everyone get assigned a GE membership number/PASSID before being granted conditional approval?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by earthsands
Does everyone get assigned a GE membership number/PASSID before being granted conditional approval?
Yes. Whether or not it can be used before final approval is another question.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Your PASSID will serve as your KTN after you have been finally approved. I suppose that you may enter anything you wish, but it won't function for GE or Pre-Check until final approval.

If you do enter your PASSID before final approval and then have tickets issued which include the PASSID in the relevant PNR, you may need to go back and remove the KTN and reenter it after final approval. Or you may not. You won't know until you attempt use of GE or have a BP issued. Removing and replacing may, depending on the carrier, be something you can do online or it may require calling in and having an agent do it for you.

There is zero value in entering your PASSID before it is a KTN.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: Qantas FF Gold; SPG Gold; Hilton Honours Gold; Golden Circle Jade
Thanks! I was just wondering because I don’t think I saw it right after my application was lodged - it seemed to only appear a couple of days later.

In any event, I’m still waiting on conditional approval for my application:

Applied: 16 April 2018
Pending conditional approval as of 24 April 2018
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
In that case, you haven't even had your interview yet. No reason to get ahead of the process.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:12 pm

Conditional Approval

Something I’ve been curious about. When you are conditionally approved do you at least have precheck or not until the interview?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Vanessa Rodriguez
Something I’ve been curious about. When you are conditionally approved do you at least have precheck or not until the interview?
No, I currently have TSA precheck that I applied 2 years ago and it's still valid. So I'm going to use that for now at least. But if you never had one before, you won't get precheck until you are approved (after interview).
Old Dec 2, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold
sorry if it's the wrong thread but couldn't find any info,. when you're conditionally approved, do you get TSA pre-check? Or does that happen after the interview/full approval
Old Dec 2, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Eneka
sorry if it's the wrong thread but couldn't find any info,. when you're conditionally approved, do you get TSA pre-check? Or does that happen after the interview/full approval
Happens after you have been approved at the interview.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 10:26 am

Membership # / PassID

I am still under review with my application but have been assigned a PassID #. Does this mean that I will be conditionally approved? Or is this number assigned to every applicant regardless?
Old Jun 4, 2022, 1:55 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Mguerrier
Does this mean that I will be conditionally approved?
Not necessarily.

Originally Posted by Mguerrier
Or is this number assigned to every applicant regardless?
Yes.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:06 pm

I am conditionally approved, I’m in the UK, for info, tried putting it into my Virgin Atlantic booking but it threw up error messages.
trying to getvEOA innNivember as no MCO slots coming up
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Hello folks! My sister applied for Global Entry. I knew the wait time would be long especially since she could not find interview availability where we are (LAX based). But, I have an upcoming trip with her going to NY and I was hoping to be able to get through TSA PreCheck with her speedily. She is conditionally approved and has a Pass ID. Can I assume that we can use the Pass ID as her KTN? It's been several years since I got my Global Entry so I do not quite remember how it went for me back then.

Thank you!
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by happychic
Hello folks! My sister applied for Global Entry. I knew the wait time would be long especially since she could not find interview availability where we are (LAX based). But, I have an upcoming trip with her going to NY and I was hoping to be able to get through TSA PreCheck with her speedily. She is conditionally approved and has a Pass ID. Can I assume that we can use the Pass ID as her KTN? It's been several years since I got my Global Entry so I do not quite remember how it went for me back then.

Thank you!
You can put the number in but don’t expect to get Pre unless fully approved.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:27 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
You can put the number in but don’t expect to get Pre unless fully approved.
Well, poop.

While I obsessively search for interview availability for my sister, is it possible for her to apply for a _new_ TSA PreCheck application? This is just so by the time my sister travels with in two months me she will have TSA PreCheck privilege and we can both breeze through LAX and JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.