Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2013, 12:26 pm

I received my renewal approval notice yesterday; while I don't remember the exact date I renewed I'm pretty sure it's in line with the wait times listed here.

The approval notice didn't say anything about needing to schedule an interview, and this page says that in most cases renewals won't need an interview, so I'm going to wait a month to see if my new card automagically arrives; if not, then I'll contact them and see if I need to schedule an interview.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 1:59 pm

Another mid-June renewal applicant here, just got approved. But wait times for appointments clearly differ by region. 3 of the 4 possible places to get renewed in British Columbia/Washington state don't have appointments available until the end of *December*. The other one is the border crossing at Blaine, and its earliest slots available are in early November.

So, that's at least a 5-month process just for a renewal.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:59 pm

Hi digag! The post #7522 of "The NEXUS Information Thread" says:
Renewal application submitted: July 5, 2013
Approval: August 20, 2013
So, it looks like they are getting into the early-july applications.
Which is good news. I also applied on July 9th (along with my 3 other family members).

^
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: Miles & More
hi Netaxa, thank you for the feedback - it helped me since I applied to renewal of my expired Nexus card on June 7th - and I was just told over the phone that it passed the American side and waiting for Canadian risk assessment which should be momentarily. she did mention that they should be back to 4-6 weeks process time soon, in the meantime we just have to endure their work overload.

My wife applied for renewal July 4th got her card by mail Aug 20th -
I forgot to apply for renewal before expiration of my card end of March - so I applied for renewal on June 7th and still waiting - so I called and was informed by a very helpful agent that I was conditionally approved subject to an interview that I have to attend in Montreal, but it is yet to be posted on their website for me to be able to apply for this interview and I have to travel to Europe for 3 weeks tomorrow - guess I will have to keep on checking website. can anyone tell me if there is any long delays to be interviewed in Montreal/Dorval??

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 24, 2018 at 1:27 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member
Old Aug 30, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Originally Posted by nexus52
I forgot to apply for renewal before expiration of my card end of March - so I applied for renewal on June 7th and still waiting - so I called and was informed by a very helpful agent that I was conditionally approved subject to an interview that I have to attend in Montreal, but it is yet to be posted on their website for me to be able to apply for this interview and I have to travel to Europe for 3 weeks tomorrow - guess I will have to keep on checking website. can anyone tell me if there is any long delays to be interviewed in Montreal/Dorval??
Montreal - 11/27
Champlain - 10/09
Ottawa - 11/05
Old Aug 31, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: TK Elite, AC SE
Any advice? My wife and I applied for renewal on June 6th, but still no word on what's going on after 12 weeks+. The GOES website just says "Pending Review". We don't have any unusual travel patterns or experience of problems using NEXUS.

We still have a few months before actual expiry (November and January) but I am little surprised that it has taken this long - especially when it seems that others are getting renewed in a much shorter time frame. I don't really want to get stuck with limited options if we do need to be re-interviewed.

Would you call in and ask what is going on, or just leave it for a while? If so - how much longer?

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Last edited by simd; Sep 1, 2013 at 4:57 am
Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by simd
Any advice? My wife and I applied for renewal on June 6th, but still no word on what's going on after 12 weeks+. The GOES website just says "Pending Review". We don't have any unusual travel patterns or experience of problems using NEXUS.

We still have a few months before actual expiry (November and January) but I am little surprised that it has taken this long - especially when it seems that others are getting renewed in a much shorter time frame. I don't really want to get stuck with limited options if we do need to be re-interviewed.

Would you call in and ask what is going on, or just leave it for a while? If so - how much longer?

hi Simd,

I would definitely call in , they are very helpful, in my case since my card expired I was told that I've been conditionally approved and that soon I will receive a letter to set up my interview, but in my wife's case who submitted her renewal application weeks before expiry of her membership - she received her new card by post!! so my advice to you give them a call for an update and good luck..

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 24, 2018 at 1:28 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function
Old Sep 4, 2013, 1:43 pm

hi Simd,

I would definitely call in , they are very helpful, in my case since my card expired I was told that I've been conditionally approved and that soon I will receive a letter to set up my interview, but in my wife's case who submitted her renewal application weeks before expiry of her membership - she received her new card by post!! so my advice to you give them a call for an update and good luck..
Thanks for your advice...I did call in, they advised me that USCBP approved the renewal on Aug 8th and it is now waiting on the Canadian approval, which should take another 2-3 weeks. Much longer than I expected, and it is already 13 weeks, so the 8-12 weeks seems to be a thing of the past.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 3:46 pm

Thanks for your advice...I did call in, they advised me that USCBP approved the renewal on Aug 8th and it is now waiting on the Canadian approval, which should take another 2-3 weeks. Much longer than I expected, and it is already 13 weeks, so the 8-12 weeks seems to be a thing of the past.
finally received e-mail asking me to proceed with on-line request for interview in Montreal. the earliest date is Nov 14th !! I had no choice but to confirm, meaning the process for renewal of my expired card is about 5 months in total! I will try to see if I can call and forward date of interview if possible - seemingly Montreal is pretty busy!
Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:22 am

Timeline:
June 6: Applications submitted
Sept 19: My application is approved
Sept 23: Wife's application approved
Total: 105 days and 109 days

No interview needed, so it seems the renewed cards will be coming by mail.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
nexus renewal details

My NEXUS card expires in early March. I submitted my renewal online today (December 4), so a bit more than 90 days prior to the expiry. Could I ask other members to share their renewal stories and timelines? Were you required to go through an interview? Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks! I'm located in Toronto, so the nearest office for me is at Pearson YYZ.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by walter71
My NEXUS card expires in early March. I submitted my renewal online today (December 4), so a bit more than 90 days prior to the expiry. Could I ask other members to share their renewal stories and timelines? Were you required to go through an interview? Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks! I'm located in Toronto, so the nearest office for me is at Pearson YYZ.
Applied for Nexus renewal Nov 3rd, 2013.
Payment Taken Nov 4th, 2013

Still "Pending Review" as of today Dec 9th, 2013.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 8:37 pm

Submitted my renewal application January 13, got the approval notice on February 10th.

Pleased I didn't get selected for an interview, which I was expecting as I added a bunch of Middle Eastern countries to my list of visited countries.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 4:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
In case this is of help to anyone, here is my Nexus card renewal timeline:

Applied for renewal on line (in GOES) on December 2, 2013
Received conditional approval notification on January 14, 2014
Had "interview" (more of a quick in-person document verification than an actual interview) and iris scan on March 4, 2014 at Toronto Pearson Airport
Received card in the mail today (March 13, 2014)
Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Here is my experience with a renewal.
Applied online (Goes) - Feb 10 14
Received Approval - March 18 2014 - this surprised me, I assumed I would have to go in for the "interview" and new fingerprints.
Received card in mail March 25 2014.

relatively painless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.