Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Enrollment

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM / PC APM / SPG GM / GP PM
Airline Enrollment

I was originally enrolled in TSA PreCheck after being "invited" by Delta when it first came out in 2011.

Is there anyway to confirm that my "enrollment" is still active? Will it ever expire? Will I ever need to pay the $85 fee?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by N615HL
I was originally enrolled in TSA PreCheck after being "invited" by Delta when it first came out in 2011.

Is there anyway to confirm that my "enrollment" is still active? Will it ever expire? Will I ever need to pay the $85 fee?
Actually an airline can't enroll you in PreCheck. What they were most probably doing is pushing your name forward as a loyal frequent flyer for PreCheck on a flight by flight basis. You may have done very well, I was getting very close to 100% selection myself, but this is not was not a transferable enrollment in the program. In my case I was flying a lot on AA and was getting PreCheck most of the time. Come early last year and I picked up some new contract work but in a section of the country serviced, at least out of San Antonio, by Delta. Wasn't getting PreCheck most of the time as I had no real status with Delta. Didn't take long for me to look around for a way to get PreCheck no matter what airline I was on. In my case the Global Entry program was a better route because of our personal foreign travel.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by N615HL

Your PreCheck status is only with Delta. If you want PreCheck with all eligible airlines, you need to sign up for a Known Traveler Number (KTN). Either through the TSA ($85), Global Entry ($100) or NEXUS ($50). Any one of these numbers is good for 5 years and virtually guarantees you PreCheck.

Even the TSA has said that those who go through the background checks and have a KTN have a better chance of getting Pre than those who have PreCheck due to status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.