Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Applications/Renewals Information, Experiences and Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Applications/Renewals Information, Experiences and Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:56 am

2/7 - Applied online
2/7 - Walk-In Appt
2/8 - Eligibility determined status
2/11 - KTN assigned
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:44 am

Lightbulb

Timeline:
1/31/2018 ~10:00am - Applied Online
1/31/2018 ~11:15am - Walk-in Appointment
2/13/2018 8:30am - Checked the UES Service Status and was notified "TSA mailed you a letter with information regarding your eligibility determination. If you do not receive this letter within 10 days of receiving this status, please contact the UES Call Center at 1-855-DHS-UES1. Status as of 2/12/2018."
2/13/2018 8:30am - Called UES Call Center at 1-855-DHS-UES1 and was notified that my eligibility was determined and that I'd be getting a KTN. It should be generated within 72 hours. I am assuming that is from the 2/12/2018 Status update.

Originally Posted by TWA884
I moved your post to the relevant thread, where this question has been previously asked and answered.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
What thread is this? Can you provide a link please?

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 13, 2018 at 9:16 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:15 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by dhookway
What thread is this? Can you provide a link please?
The message in question was moved to this thread.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
My partner's...
3/14 - Applied online
3/15 - Appt
3/16 - Eligibility determined status
3/19 - KTN assigned (checked UES site and found out)
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:24 am

March 20th: 1:10 pm appointment
March 21st: eligibility determined on website, no KTN field on website. Letter should be received within 10 days
March 22nd: Same
Old Apr 21, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: United Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hhonors
April 9: applied online
April 10: Appointment at local IdenToGo
April 11-17: Application processing message on Universal Enrollment site
April 17: Eligibility Determined message on Universal Enrollment site
April 19 pm: Known Traveler Number Issued, email received
Old May 12, 2018, 9:06 pm

May 5: applied online
May 9: appointment
May 10: eligibility determined
May 12: email received, KTN available online
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:24 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation Moderator's Action

A recent question about middle names matching on TSA applications was moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:20 pm

Hi all. New user, and I checked but didn't find this answer - my apologies if it has been answered before.

Applied for TSA PreCheck for both my wife and I about 2 weeks ago, did the interview/fingerprints/payment with IdentGo last weekend. That night I found my status on TSA site change to "Eligibility Determined", but my wife's said "ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT IN PROGRESS" (their caps, not mine. ) Today, I received my KTN number (email, then went to my status on TSA site and got it there). However, my wife's hasn't changed. Called TSA, but all they could tell me - very nicely, I might add - that they had no information and that her's was still in progress.

Has anyone seen that exact status before - ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT IN PROGRESS - and if so, what were your experiences afterwards?

(Note we both have valid US passports, are US citizens, no criminal or name issues - been married 29 years, etc, etc. They only difference I can see is that my wife was born in Germany, though moved here when she was an infant - aka "An Army Brat".)

Thanks in advance!

Mark

UPDATE 6/14 - 5 days after interview. No Change. Still showing ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT IN PROGRESS for wife...
UPDATE 6/16 - 7 days after interview. Status finally changed to ELIGIBILITY DETERMINED. Will update one last time when I have her KTN.
UPDATE 6/19 - KTN received.

So 10 days total from interview to receiving KTNs. Not too bad, and in plenty of time for our trip.

Last edited by marklodi; Jun 19, 2018 at 10:19 am
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:50 pm

Hey everyone. I applied for NEXUS back in May of 2017 and had my interview in September 2017 at the Detroit/Windsor border office. I was denied then because of a marijuana conviction back in May of 1995! They said I falsified my application which is not true. The application, if I remember correctly, asked about felonies.

I applied again this week (this time just for PreCheck) and have an appointment tomorrow at the Flint Airport. The application, this time, I can CONFIRM, only asks about felonies. And the disqualifying offenses page at TSA only refers to felonies. Am I wasting my time and money to go to this interview tomorrow for a marijuana possession (misdemeanor) that happened 23 years ago?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by computerninja
Hey everyone. I applied for NEXUS back in May of 2017 and had my interview in September 2017 at the Detroit/Windsor border office. I was denied then because of a marijuana conviction back in May of 1995! They said I falsified my application which is not true. The application, if I remember correctly, asked about felonies.

I applied again this week (this time just for PreCheck) and have an appointment tomorrow at the Flint Airport. The application, this time, I can CONFIRM, only asks about felonies. And the disqualifying offenses page at TSA only refers to felonies. Am I wasting my time and money to go to this interview tomorrow for a marijuana possession (misdemeanor) that happened 23 years ago?
Welcome to FlyerTalk @computerninja!

There are several reports in the following thread of applicants who were denied Global Entry and were later approved for PreCheck:
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:12 pm

So I should have written a letter to the Ombudsman within 60 days of that denial. I guess I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens. What a major pain <deleted by moderator>

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 21, 2018 at 3:33 pm Reason: FT Rule 16: Vulgarities are not allowed
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta SkyMiles
Here's my experience with the TSA PreCheck approval process:

Applied online for 3 people on 6/2/2018. Scheduled appointments for Saturday, 6/23/2018 (could have gotten much earlier, like within 2 days, but this was the day that worked for us).

Appointments at MCO took less than 5 minutes each. Within 3 hours of interview completion, all 3 applications showed "ELIGIBILITY DETERMINED", but no KTN included.

On 6/26/2018, all three persons received emails indicating that the applications were approved and KTN's were available online (which they were).

Not too bad for turnaround time (especially for a government entity) if you ask me.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:39 pm

Smooth process

Had my interview this morning for TSA PreCheck at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. The office is located in the South terminal inside the S1 door. There’s also an office after the security checkpoint for ticketed passengers. The interview only took about 7 minutes but that included having a passport photo taken at the same time. Within an hour my online status changed to ELIGIBILITY DETERMINED and states a letter will be mailed. Fingers crossed my KTN email comes in by Thursday because I have a flight Friday AM. I know, cutting it close, but I have faith. lol No arrests or even traffic violations on my record. Plus, I have a conceal carry permit and my background has been checked for that.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:13 am

Husband got TSA Precheck Approval, I didn't

Hi,

I went for my interview on 6/10/18 and my husband went on 6/12/18. He received his approval the next day and has already been assigned his KTN. When I go on the web site, it's still saying my application is being processed. Honestly, I do have an arrest from 40 YEARS AGO (not any of the disqualifying offenses listed in the web site) and have not had as much as a parking ticket since then. Could it be that my fingerprints uncovered this and they are manually checking my application? If so, could I possibly be disqualified for an arrest that is this old?

Really, I've been at the same job (VP) for 34 years, I've been married to my spouse for almost 30 years, have owned and lived in my current home for 25 years and have a credit rating of 820! How could I possibly pose a threat to security? I'm very concerned about this, as I do not want to explain to my relatives (who have no knowledge of the arrest) why I didn't get approved.

Any insight is appreciated.

Last edited by donnysmom; Jul 17, 2018 at 7:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.