Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry - New Passport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Nayef
I'm a US permanent resident with NEXUS and I plan on traveling to Saudi Arabia around April to renew my passport from there. Would I be able to input my new passport info online and update it, or do I have to do it at a Global Entry/NEXUS office? I'm also wondering if I could renew the passport info with CBP as I enter the US.
You can update passport info online, although some seem to have had trouble doing that.
Nayef likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy
You can update passport info online, although some seem to have had trouble doing that.
If you are unable to update your passport online, just head to any GOES office with both your GE card and your new passport - they'll be able to do it quickly. Apparently there are some glitches on the site that prevent some from doing so, but it's random, per the officer that I spoke with.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: CBP
^agreed

no need to bring in the GE card though. It takes 5 seconds longer to just look you up my name/DOB.

Or come in with your PASS ID

I tell people to come to us to get it updated, as the website is hit or miss
TWA884 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by jac162
If you are unable to update your passport online, just head to any GOES office with both your GE card and your new passport - they'll be able to do it quickly. Apparently there are some glitches on the site that prevent some from doing so, but it's random, per the officer that I spoke with.

Hmm . . . just tried to update with my daughter's new passport . . . site says information doesn't match. (Pretty odd, as it's the same as her last passport except for number and validity dates.)
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:33 am

I just renewed my passport, and do not see the 'update documents' in my dashboard. Does the renewed passport affect my TSA-PRE status? I am travelling this weekend domestically and want to know if I will still get TSA PRE, or do I need to update before I leave?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Ali380
I just renewed my passport, and do not see the 'update documents' in my dashboard. Does the renewed passport affect my TSA-PRE status? I am travelling this weekend domestically and want to know if I will still get TSA PRE, or do I need to update before I leave?
I had another pending traveler program application that I did not finish. I cancelled it and was able to update my passport. Success.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 7:30 am

Apply for GE using about to expire passport, interview with new passport

I am planning to apply for GE but I just sent out my passport for renewal. Since it takes 6-8wks for passport renewal, can I apply for GE now using my old passport details and once I get approved for an interview, bring both my old and new passports to the interview? Anyone think there would be an issue with this?
Old Dec 16, 2019, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Yes. This is a non-issue. Bring both passports.
drewguy likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 8:47 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Yes, you can do that.

Please refer to the following thread:
Old Apr 27, 2023, 3:39 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
New Passport and Global Entry

So while in the Dominican for a little over a month I decided to renew my passport as all my 40 pages were full and there were stamps even on the front and back cover. So i needed to renew and I decided to do it in DR because they have a 4 week turn around vs the 13 week turn around advertised on the US Passport site. Actually got the passport in 3 weeks for those wondering.

I was told when I renewed my passport that I wouldn't be able to use my global entry and would have to make an appointment to update the passport with customs at JFK T4. Which I had already been told before and knew.

However, when I arrived at JFK I asked a CBP officer in the customs line where to go after I went through to update my passport info, he told me I didn't have to wait in line that that the biometrics automatically pass to new passport and just to use Global Entry. Sure, enough I went through Global Entry and it worked. I also got to try the new streamlined Global Entry with no paper ticket. A lot easier and faster!

So not sure if anyone else is about to renew their passport, you don't have to worry about updating your Global Entry anymore!
Xyzzy and 1KChinito like this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
So while in the Dominican for a little over a month I decided to renew my passport as all my 40 pages were full and there were stamps even on the front and back cover. So i needed to renew and I decided to do it in DR because they have a 4 week turn around vs the 13 week turn around advertised on the US Passport site. Actually got the passport in 3 weeks for those wondering.

I was told when I renewed my passport that I wouldn't be able to use my global entry and would have to make an appointment to update the passport with customs at JFK T4. Which I had already been told before and knew.

However, when I arrived at JFK I asked a CBP officer in the customs line where to go after I went through to update my passport info, he told me I didn't have to wait in line that that the biometrics automatically pass to new passport and just to use Global Entry. Sure, enough I went through Global Entry and it worked. I also got to try the new streamlined Global Entry with no paper ticket. A lot easier and faster!

So not sure if anyone else is about to renew their passport, you don't have to worry about updating your Global Entry anymore!
Even throughout at least the second, third and four quarters of 2022, I saw GE travel party members go through GE with newly issued US passports without the GE members having logged in any update of the US passports’ details. I am not sure if that was the way it was supposed to be or not, but it didn’t come with any problems.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 2:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Updating passport

UK resident.

I have updated my passport details.

Is it as simple as that?

Or is there checking behind the scenes?

As they no longer see the passport on arrival, I am curious to work out how they know that I entered the correct information?

Seems almost too simple!

Although I now need a new Esta!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.