Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck at Small Airports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2013, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

So has the TSA rolled Pre Check out to smaller airports? I flew out of CLL (College Station, TX) on Monday and they scanned my boarding pass at the ID check and I got the 3 beeps... since it's a small airport they didn't have a dedicated line, but I didn't have to take my shoes off or take liquids and laptop out. I was through security in under a minute.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ddpg
So has the TSA rolled Pre Check out to smaller airports? I flew out of CLL (College Station, TX) on Monday and they scanned my boarding pass at the ID check and I got the 3 beeps... since it's a small airport they didn't have a dedicated line, but I didn't have to take my shoes off or take liquids and laptop out. I was through security in under a minute.
Take a look in here for latest complete list.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 6:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
CLL isn't on that list though...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21400954-post10.html
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:32 pm
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Had similar experience recently at MBS, which also does not have PreCheck.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/check...l#post21601661
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:03 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Spokane has it at both terminals.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: ExPlAAt; United 1K
You'll hear the beeps when the boarding pass is scanned, even at airports not equipped with PreCheck. It means you would have gotten it at a PreCheck-equipped airport. You're likely to get it on your return as welll.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
There are many reports on the Delta forum about Precheck Lite, which is what the OP describes at CLL. Share the X-ray with everyone (thus liquids and laptops out) but shoes/belts/jackets stay on and you get WTMD. TSA gives you a small car to denote this at the TDC.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Was pleasantly surprised yesterday to find it implemented in FWA which has long had a WTMD lane roped off & gathering dust in favor of the NoS.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3 Gold, IHG Spire
EUG (Eugene, OR) has a Pre-check lane now.

It's let's you pass that huge backup of 3 people

They only have one screening station, so they give you a red card that allows you to keep your shoes and belt on and walk thru the metal detector vs. scanner. Your liquids and laptop must still come out.

Interesting and it did save me 45 seconds to tie my shoes.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Any word if Tallahassee (TLH) has a similar setup?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by VWTim

They only have one screening station, so they give you a red card that allows you to keep your shoes and belt on and walk thru the metal detector vs. scanner. Your liquids and laptop must still come out.

PreCheck is supposed to let you keep your liquids and laptop in your bag.

The EUG setup is being discussed over on the Other Side of TS&S.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
FWIW, at the C2 checkpoint at EWR (the only one without a PreCheck lane), if you get the magic three beeps, the TDC hands you a green card that allows you to keep your shoes and outer garments on. Didn't notice if the green card also gets the WTMD rather than the MMW (although there's still a WTMD-only lane at C2, so SDOO is easy).
Old Nov 2, 2013, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by VWTim

People can hand over the card to another. Haven't seen that cause a problem yet.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Reid
Any word if Tallahassee (TLH) has a similar setup?
If you want to drive to VPS you can use it there. Additionally, PNS is in the process of getting full PreCheck. Sorry I didn't answer your question, but I've heard the fare difference compared to TLH can sometimes make it worth the drive.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Originally Posted by mattp1987
If you want to drive to VPS you can use it there. Additionally, PNS is in the process of getting full PreCheck. Sorry I didn't answer your question, but I've heard the fare difference compared to TLH can sometimes make it worth the drive.
Experienced this at VPS about 10 days ago. Still had to remove computer from the case, and everyone used the same line up to the ID/boarding pass checker. And the line was unusually LONG--stretched back to the DL counter. Usually you can walk right up.

It was nice to keep shoes on, but it was still not the same as "Real" Pre-Check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.