Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Card Replacement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Lost Global Entry Card

Reapplied online, paid the fee, and then received a notification of conditional approval and asking me to schedule an interview, as if this was the first time application for passport GE. Hopefully, one does not need an interview to replace a GE card?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Reapplied online, paid the fee, and then received a notification of conditional approval and asking me to schedule an interview, as if this was the first time application for passport GE. Hopefully, one does not need an interview to replace a GE card?
Ask. I got something similar automatically when I applied to receive the GE card long after I had been approved for GE before there were cards. When I called to ask if this was correct, I was told that my card would be sent immediately and automatically. Your case could be similar.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

So I have now received the second automated email noting that my application was approved but that I have not scheduled an interview yet. Tried calling BOS CBP, but nobody answered the GE phone. This is for a replacement GE card only.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 7:36 am

I'm in the same boat, filed on line and paid and a few days later got approval for an interview. I'm going to try calling the office at IAH or just stop by as I live nearby. I did notice that when applying for the replacement there were several questions asking if my address had changed, had I had any changes regarding arrests or criminal records, etc. Wondering if they just cover their bases to make sure nothing has changed that might keep you out of the program.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chrisinhouston
I'm in the same boat, filed on line and paid and a few days later got approval for an interview. I'm going to try calling the office at IAH or just stop by as I live nearby. I did notice that when applying for the replacement there were several questions asking if my address had changed, had I had any changes regarding arrests or criminal records, etc. Wondering if they just cover their bases to make sure nothing has changed that might keep you out of the program.

I had Global Entry before applying for the GE card, and certainly no attempt to interview at that time.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Long story short, kept getting the robo-emails that I needed to schedule an interview to replace my lost GE card. Finally, during a longish layover in ATL, I left the secure terminal to visit the GE office in terminal F. He swiped my passport and said, no problem, I would get the card in the mail.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 1:17 pm

I requested a Global Entry card replacement on the GOES site. Paid the $25, etc.

I have to do an interview again? The earliest appointment for LAX is all the way in January...

Is this a glitch in the system or is an interview required just to get a replacement for a misplaced GE card?

Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:23 am

Replacing Global Entry Card

I need to get a replacement Global Entry card. Looks easy. To do online for $25.

GEOS has inconsistent info online-one place says after replacement, personal visit is needed. Other place does not mention need for visit.

Does anyone know the real scoop here? Also, if visit is required, can you just walk in and wait or is an appointment required?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:24 am

A personal visit will likely be required, to have an up to date photo.

If a visit is required, no appointment will be necessary, as there isn't an interview, just walk in.

If you chose not to apply online for your replacement card, you can just walk into a GE office, have everything taken care and pay there.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
I just went through this process a few months ago. Filled out the application on line; paid the fee - no personal visit need. They just used my old picture from my original card on the new one. Took 7-10 days to get my card in the mail.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I actually want to update my photo. My old is looks likes kind of fake. It's crooked and has a picture hanging on the wall in the background.

So I don't need an appointment to update the photo?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
I need to get a replacement Global Entry card. Looks easy. To do online for $25.

GEOS has inconsistent info online-one place says after replacement, personal visit is needed. Other place does not mention need for visit.

Does anyone know the real scoop here? Also, if visit is required, can you just walk in and wait or is an appointment required?

Thanks in advance.
I had to replace a GE card several years ago. It was strongly implied that I needed to activate it in person. I did so during a long connection in ATL. No appointment. But like most things related to GE, it is a clunky, somewhat murky process and not entirely clear what the real "rules" are!

My current question is this: Does a GE renewal automatically renew my GE card, or is that a separate process?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by alphaod
I actually want to update my photo. My old is looks likes kind of fake. It's crooked and has a picture hanging on the wall in the background.

So I don't need an appointment to update the photo?
If you only want a new card to have the photo updated, you are wasting your time and the officer's time.
If you lost your card and would like a new card with a new picture; Yes, just walk into an office and tell them you lost your card and would like a new one with a new picture taken.

Originally Posted by RobertS975
Does a GE renewal automatically renew my GE card, or is that a separate process?
Yes, your old card will expire and a new one will be sent out with an updated expiration.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:29 pm

Unhappy Stolen Global Entry Card

Hi, my Global Entry card and other cards were stolen from the TSA screening area yesterday at the San Jose, CA airport. I was stuck waiting to be cleared due to metal in my body. My personal belongings were left out in the open and stolen.

The thief used my credit card at two retail locations in Chicago, IL today--before the card had been frozen. If she has my global entry card, what else has been compromised? I went to the TTP website, and it looks like my card can be reissued, but with the same numbers on it as before. Does that seem right? Could someone use my Global Entry ID as legal ID anywhere other than with the TSA? What has been compromised/

For what it's worth, the manager at one of the locations gave me a description of the thief; her appearance, age, and skin color are different from mine.

Last edited by English_Hill; Apr 8, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Old Apr 8, 2018, 4:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
A GE card is government issued photo ID and can be used not only for TSA airport security but also to prove age to purchase alcohol, to sign for certain over the counter medications, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.