Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2023, 5:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes you do need to get your Esta on your UK passport if you want to use GE associated with that passport. And you will need to enter the US using your UK passport if you want to take advantage of GE.
Thanks, I thought so. Can I apply for ESTA for my UK passport while I have another valid ESTA for my EU one, or do I need to wait till the current one expires?
Couldn't find an answer online or on CBP website :/
Old Jan 24, 2023, 5:29 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by jaro
Thanks, I thought so. Can I apply for ESTA for my UK passport while I have another valid ESTA for my EU one, or do I need to wait till the current one expires?
Apply or change information in the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)
If you obtain a new passport or change your name, gender or country of citizenship, you will be required to apply for a new travel authorization. This is also required if one of your answers to any of the VWP eligibility questions changes. The associated fee of $14 will be charged for each new application.
And in the ESTA FAQs:
Updating Your ESTA

Does a traveler ever need to reapply for travel authorization through ESTA?

Yes, a new travel authorization via ESTA is required when: (1) the traveler is issued a new passport; (2) the traveler changes his or her name; (3) the traveler changes his or her gender; (4) the traveler’s country of citizenship changes; or (5) the circumstances underlying the traveler’s previous responses to any of the ESTA application questions requiring a “yes” or “no” response have changed.

ESTA approvals are typically granted for a two–year period or until the applicant’s passport expires, whichever is sooner. ESTA provides validity dates upon approval of the application. Therefore, a traveler must apply for a new ESTA when the prior ESTA approval or passport expires. The associated fee will be charged for each new application submitted.

What should a traveler do if the information in his or her passport has changed?

If a traveler’s passport information changes, the individual is required to apply for a new travel authorization through ESTA. A new travel authorization is required if (1) the traveler is issued a new passport; (2) the traveler changes his or her name; (3) the traveler changes his or her gender; (4) the traveler’s country of citizenship changes; or (5) the circumstances underlying the traveler’s previous responses to any of the ESTA application questions requiring a “yes” or “no” response have changed. The associated fee will be charged for each new application submitted.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 10:10 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes you can
GUWonder and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 3:52 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes you can
The answer is actually "Yes, you must". If you get a new passport from another country/citizenship you need to reapply and give the details of all your passports and citizenships.
SPN Lifer and KARFA like this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 2:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Marriott Ambassador
Had my 1st Renewal become available this month, so thought I'd get it kick-started early:

31st Jan - Applied for Border Force Code
1st Feb - Border Force Check Code Arrived
1st Feb - Applied for GE Renewal
2nd Feb - Full GE Approval Granted

Super quick process for me!
Old Feb 4, 2023, 9:57 pm

Both my wife and I applied for our first GE renewals this week. Me:

3 Feb (8am)- applied UK check code
3 Feb (3pm)- received UK check code
3 Feb (4pm)- applied GE renewal
5 Feb (4am)- GE renewal approved

So, less than 48 hours from start to finish. My wife’s application (submitted one day earlier than myself) followed a similar timeline.

Both fully approved with no need for an interview.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 3:54 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by pmcg
30 December 2022 12:53 - Applied for Home Office check code
31 Decmber 2022 13:11 - Check code arrived
01 Janaury 2023 14:52 - Applied for Global Entry
03 Janaury 2023 04:25 - Conditionally approved
Arrived into MCO 04 February and did the Enrollment on Arrival, took perhaps 20 minutes for the pair of us and our Approval email came through before we had left the desk.
shonerm likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 1:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex UK Plat
I recently applied for Global Entry for the first time, here's my timeline as another data point:

Home Office application submitted: 17:32 06/02/23
Home Office access code received: 00:17 07/02/23
Global Entry application submitted: 17:28 07/02/23
Global Entry conditionally approved: 07:10 09/02/23

Much faster than I had anticipated. Planning for Enrollment on Arrival on my next trip.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 1:49 am
dnw

Is anyone not getting first application approval in 48 hours recently and if so how long is it then taking?

My name (and I assume d.o.b?) matches a person non grata in the US and my ESTAs never approve automatically but always within the 72 hours. Immigration officers have told me this and said they have cleared it but on every subsequent entry / ESTA application it happens again. So I finally decided to give GE a try but of course didn't get the semi automatic 48hr approval and assume I'll now be waiting months!
Old Feb 11, 2023, 8:50 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by dnw
My name (and I assume d.o.b?) matches a person non grata in the US and my ESTAs never approve automatically but always within the 72 hours. Immigration officers have told me this and said they have cleared it but on every subsequent entry / ESTA application it happens again.
Have you applied for a Redress Control Number?

Take a look at this thread:
Old Feb 12, 2023, 9:07 am
dnw

Helpful, thanks.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ianwall
09 October 2022 - Applied for Home Office check code
11 October 2022 - Check code arrived
11 October 2022 - Applied for Global Entry

As of 19th January 2023 - Still Pending Approval!
Still pending!
Old Feb 13, 2023, 1:05 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dnw
Is anyone not getting first application approval in 48 hours recently and if so how long is it then taking?

My name (and I assume d.o.b?) matches a person non grata in the US and my ESTAs never approve automatically but always within the 72 hours. Immigration officers have told me this and said they have cleared it but on every subsequent entry / ESTA application it happens again. So I finally decided to give GE a try but of course didn't get the semi automatic 48hr approval and assume I'll now be waiting months!
For my parents, my dad didn't get auto approved ( within 48 hours). Applied first week of December 2022.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
I applied for the UK check on 25 Jan. Not heard anything since.

Any ideas of how to chase or find out what’s happening?
Old Feb 19, 2023, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Vgravity
I applied for the UK check on 25 Jan. Not heard anything since.

Any ideas of how to chase or find out what’s happening?
Yes - contact the email address given in your confirmation of application email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.