Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Entry system similar to Global Entry at Narita?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Entry system similar to Global Entry at Narita?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:54 pm
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Question Entry system similar to Global Entry at Narita?

I've seen it...can't remember the name. Anyone use it?
Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
I believe they just call it Automated Gate. Here is a PDF I found about it. One of my customers (US nationals working in the Tokyo area) use it, since he has a valid re-entry visa.

ETA - Japanese Ministry of Justice Automated Gate page (English).
Old Oct 5, 2010, 2:35 pm
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DevilDog438
I believe they just call it Automated Gate. Here is a PDF I found about it. One of my customers (US nationals working in the Tokyo area) use it, since he has a valid re-entry visa.

ETA - Japanese Ministry of Justice Automated Gate page (English).
This is it! I'm not a national but visit several times a year. Says nothing about fees (i.e. Global Entry). Interesting. If you hear any more detail from your customer please post. Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 2:09 am

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum
It's only open to re-entry permit holders and Japanese nationals. Sorry, but visitors won't qualify (unlike Global Entry, the UK's Iris, or HK's Frequent Visitor Scheme).
Old Oct 27, 2010, 1:30 pm
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hamburgler
It's only open to re-entry permit holders and Japanese nationals. Sorry, but visitors won't qualify (unlike Global Entry, the UK's Iris, or HK's Frequent Visitor Scheme).
bummer...
Old Jun 9, 2016, 7:03 am

I came across this old post and figured I'd just reply in it.

Does my U.S. global entry currently offer any benefits when traveling to tokyo or japan?

I saw an article that said some agreements may be made with more international airports to help expedite security, etc. but not sure if this is in effect yet.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, National Exec., SPG Gold, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by babern38
I came across this old post and figured I'd just reply in it.

Does my U.S. global entry currently offer any benefits when traveling to tokyo or japan?

I saw an article that said some agreements may be made with more international airports to help expedite security, etc. but not sure if this is in effect yet.
By itself, no - however existing members of trusted traveler programs are eligible to apply for an APEC Business Travel Card, which would give you access to priority immigration lines at Tokyo (including both Narita and Haneda), Osaka, and Nagoya.

To be eligible for the card, you must be a "verified business person," which is defined on CBP's website. There is a non-refundable $70 application fee, and you are required to visit an enrollment center to complete the process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.