Wiki Posts
Search

EK 0373 BKK to DXB in Bus Class (A380)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2009, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Gold, BA Silver, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
EK 0373 BKK to DXB in Bus Class (A380)

Last week, my husband and I were unexpectedly upgraded on the A380 from BKK to DXB. Was a great treat after a long 12 days of traveling- we loved every minute of it. Some thoughts:

Seats/Seat Placement
- Flat bed seats complete with an add-on mattress upon request
- Personal shelf pre-stocked with a variety of water, juice and soda
- Private power source
- Large TV filled with the entertainment options available throughout all classes of the plane including a long list of classic and new release movies, TV series, music, video games, etc
- Seats are configured 1-2-1 across, which means that window seats are singles and center seats are set in twos
- I would opt for the even numbered rows: a window seat if traveling alone (unlike the odd numbered rows, the even numbered rows have a mini-wall which guards window seats from the aisle), and center of the plane aisle seats if traveling in a pair (unlike the odd-numbered rows, even numbered rows have a much lower wall separating the pair of center seats which allows for more comfortable conversation)
- (At first we were placed in a different section of Bus Class which was absolutely FREEZING (there are 2 Bus Class cabins on the A380), but luckily there were lots of free seats so the flight attendants moved many of us to warmer seats...Can't complain though, a free upgrade is a free upgrade!)

Food
- Excellent
- Because our flight was just seven hours in the evening, only dinner was served
- Plenty of variety was offered including three choices of appetizer, four of main course and two of desert. (Basic Fish, Chicken, Pasta, etc)
- I went for the salad and the chicken in mushroom sauce (yup, boring I know), skipped desert except the coffee and two Godiva chocolates passed as a post-desert treat (deserts included an apple turnover and some type of cake)
- A wine list complements the meal selections on all Emirates flights
- Was slightly surprised they did not serve the additional snack meal that they serve on many Emirates flights (e.g., Transatlantic flights have 3 meals- dinner, snack, breakfast)- this is only 7 hours so 3 meals not necessary, but extra bite could be good

Bar
- First/Bus Class bar set in the back of the Business Class section
- Fully stocked complete with bartender and small bites to snack on
- I was surprised that it was jumping back there just shortly after take-off, people seemed to be back there throughout much of the flight

Transport
- Unfortunately, we didn't get to take advantage of the Emirates signature complementary car service to and from the departure and arrival airport because not available to free upgrades
- But I've taken it before and it is very efficient and well organized

More thoughts on this flight on my blog:
http://diary.thepurplepassport.com/2...-class-on.html
Old Sep 6, 2009, 3:40 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Thanks for the report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.