Sna-smf(swa)smf-sfo-sna(ual) f class!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2009, 12:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Sna-smf(swa)smf-sfo-sna(ual) f class!

Booking Process:
Well it was just usual searching for flights for Spring Break. I was hoping UA would have the cheapest avalible because I love them so much. And what do you know, they did! So I purchase the tickets for April 12th for SMF-SFO SFO-SNA flight. Good deal of $98.00. However to get to SMF I flew SWA on April 4th SNA-SMF non-stop. This ticket was $79.80. Good deals I would say!

My Itinerary:
Southwest 2843
SNA-SMF
04/04/09
Departure Time: 8:55AM
Arrival Time: 10:25AM
Aircraft: Boeing 737-700
Miles Earned:

United 6102
SMF-SFO
04/12/09
Departure Time: 5:14PM
Arrival Time: 6:00PM
Aircraft: Emb-120
Miles Earned: 85

United 587
SFO-SNA
04/12/09
Departure Time: 8:04PM
Arrival Time: 9:33PM
Aircraft: Airbus A319
Miles Earned: 372
March 17
I called United to make sure that my upgrade had confirmed. I usually call them to get in to F class before the 48 hour usual clearing time. I got seat 1A! YAY!! I know this is going to sound really bad, but I put an F class reservation on hold until the day I fly out to make sure I have the row to myself. I know, I am horrible. :/ sorry for those of you who may have been on my flight and didn’t get an upgrade when there was an empy seat left. :/ I feel bad…

STAY TUNED FOR UPDATE ON FLIGHTS... CHECK BACK APRIL2
Old May 31, 2009, 10:48 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by kidellpowell
I know this is going to sound really bad, but I put an F class reservation on hold until the day I fly out to make sure I have the row to myself.
That's absolute rubbish. Crap like this is probably exactly why UA eliminated the hold feature. Thanks a ton.
Old May 31, 2009, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
That's absolute rubbish. Crap like this is probably exactly why UA eliminated the hold feature. Thanks a ton.
Does this work though? it probably will just get filled at the gate.
Old May 31, 2009, 1:20 pm

After reading this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...t-flagged.html

... I don't know whether to laugh (because it is quite funny, after all) or cry (at wasting 10 minutes of my time reading it).

Either way, obviously we're not going to hear back from the OP anytime soon. I'd be surprised if even a single word of what the OP typed is actually true.

Kids these days, eh?
Old May 31, 2009, 1:45 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
Does this work though? it probably will just get filled at the gate.
No, this would not work. United fills paid F seats if the passenger doesn't show, which is why it doesn't mean that much when a GA says F has "checked-in" full. What's important to know is if everyone has shown up and taken their seats in F.

Anyway, UA most definitely fills unpaid F seats ones if there are people willing to support the upgrade.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 8:36 pm

Programs: Mostly Mileage Plus (UGS) + AAdvantage (Gold)
Originally Posted by l'etoile
Anyway, UA most definitely fills unpaid F seats ones if there are people willing to support the upgrade.
And don't forget the NRSAs It's hilarious watching some of them waiting in line for the Supershuttle after flying in P.S. F

Last edited by blueone; Jun 2, 2009 at 8:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.