Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2008, 10:21 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Looks like you had a great crew and great service [B]Euan/B]

Great Report ^ ... and enjoy San Francisco
Old Nov 24, 2008, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Plat Amb
An excellent trip report.

We did the same trip but in reverse in September.
We flew LHR to LAX in F, and had a fantastic time, although I was a little tipsy by the time arrived.

Then returned from SFO to LHR in Club World.

Initially I thought the First sector was a once in lifetime trip for my girlfriends 30th Birthday as a surprise.

But since the 50% BA airmiles sale, I have just booked a return to MIA in BA First.

Flying economy is becoming increasingly difficult
Old Nov 24, 2008, 3:17 pm
Community Director Emerita

Perfect timing for a trip report about BA F, with so many of us taking advantage of the award promo this week.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 4:08 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Hi Euan,

This is very freaky! I was on the Concorde Room terrace as you were taking the picture of the Singapore A380.

My girlfriend pointed you out, and said something along the lines of 'Look, another plane freak like you!'. I stood at the window (or as near as you could get) and watched the A380 take off.

From what I remember, your travelling partner had a 'loud' pair of shoes

Cheers,
Rick
Old Nov 24, 2008, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Thank you Euan for a really enjoyable trip report. Nice photos!
Old Nov 24, 2008, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA Premier, BA, AA, HHonors Gold
Great report. I just booked my first BA first class flight thanks to the award sale so I'm hoping for as nice an experience as you had. I'll be flying SFO-LHR in C but the return will be in first next summer. I'll be flying my first international first next month but since it is on UAL (LAX-LHR return) I'm only hoping for something similar to BA business which I've enjoyed many times.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 5:02 am
Original Poster

@ paul.goffin - yes once you experience the finer things in life it's harder to return back to reality! However, the 50% sale was perfect timing for many.

@ SanDiego1K - thank you. Hopefully some new First class flyers find it of help. I certainly found other FTers trip reports very useful.

@ Genius1 - thank you. I've a lot more pictures but posted the best selection.

@ daveinsf - hope you have an enjoyable First experience. You certainly will have plenty of time to experience the service provided. I hope it is as good for you as it was for us.

@ DYKWIA - very freaky indeed! I'll need to have a look through my other pictures I didn't post to see if I can find you And yes my travelling partner did have a 'loud' pair of shoes on - you'd be amazed the number of compliments she receives about them
Old Nov 25, 2008, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Hi Euan,

This is very freaky! I was on the Concorde Room terrace as you were taking the picture of the Singapore A380.

My girlfriend pointed you out, and said something along the lines of 'Look, another plane freak like you!'. I stood at the window (or as near as you could get) and watched the A380 take off.

From what I remember, your travelling partner had a 'loud' pair of shoes

Cheers,
Rick
Im kind of a plane freak as well, looking forward to my first return FIRST trip this weekend, MRU - JNB - LHR - MRU .... Will try upload photos !!
Old Nov 25, 2008, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by elite13
Im kind of a plane freak as well, looking forward to my first return FIRST trip this weekend, MRU - JNB - LHR - MRU .... Will try upload photos !!
Ohh i forgot to mention, thanks to BA's promotion ... 50 % off award miles, even though i seriously think they do exagerate on taxes, as comparing to a normal fare ( no redemption ), fares would be halved !
Old Nov 25, 2008, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elite13
Ohh i forgot to mention, thanks to BA's promotion ... 50 % off award miles, even though i seriously think they do exagerate on taxes, as comparing to a normal fare ( no redemption ), fares would be halved !
I don't have a problem with the taxes/fees if it's a flight you would have made anyway.

For example, LHR-BKK-LHR (Sept 09).

BA Economy - £818 each
Cheapest Economy - £485 each with Qatar
Cheapest Economy direct - £700 each with EVA Air

BA First return taxes - £384 each
BA First flexible return - £6,407 each

IMO, how can anyone have any complaints about the taxes, I for one wouldn't.

Last edited by Euan; Nov 25, 2008 at 10:07 am
Old Nov 26, 2008, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Nice report Euan. I am glad you enjoyed BA First.

Watch out First is addictive.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Moomba
Nice report Euan. I am glad you enjoyed BA First.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Moomba
Watch out First is addictive.
Yep I noticed! In all honesty I would have booked CW had it been available on the dates we wanted.

That being said we've just booked a return to BKK in First in September in the sale
Old Nov 27, 2008, 1:49 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Euan
That being said we've just booked a return to BKK in First in September in the sale
They'll have hopefully got rid of those pesky protesters by then

We've just booked F to DXB in the sale. Great value, 60K miles for 2 people (including the 2-4-1).

Cheers,
Rick
Old Nov 28, 2008, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA
btw KTHY is Kibris Türk Hava Yollari, i.e. Turkish Cyprus Airlines
Old Nov 29, 2008, 11:32 am

Great report

Great report, thanks for the photos, brings back memories! My wife and I flew F BA from MIA to NBO last year, amazing service indeed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.