Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bombay-London-Calgary on BA Club

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2008, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Bombay-London-Calgary on BA Club

I flew out of Bombay on BA 138, the night flight. Check in was smooth. The lounge at Bombay airport is bad. But as the airport is under renovation, they should have a new lounge pretty soon.

I was on seat 62A. This was just ahead of the emergency exit. This aircraft has the new BA club seats. My verdict.... its a great product but the old seats are more comfortable. The flight took at 3 AM local time and I was sleepy. I changed into my PJs (I wonder why they dont give PJs, other airlines in business do) and went to sleep. The seat was a bit uncomfortable. I am not tall about 5'7". There was something in the middle section of the seat that was making it uncomfortable to sleep on my back. So I slept on my side finally. Got maybe 4 hours of sleep. Did not wake up fresh. Watched some movies. They have a pretty decent AVOD on the new seats.

Food was average, but thats the same with all airlines. Service was not bad but nothing great. We landed on time at London. I had a 10 hour layover in London, so I decided to meet at friend. I used the arrivals lounge after exiting from customs to freshen up. Got back to t4 at about 3 for my Calgary flight.

London-Calgary boarding started on time, but for some reason it was a very long queue. Either they should have called club passengers first or last. The announcement was made in the lounge and all of us reached the gate to see at queue backed up from the aircraft to the gate. It took us almost 15 minutes to reach our seats.

This was a 777 and had the old seats. I was on 10 J. The staff here was nice and I must say the service was good. They were always attentive and smiling. This was a refreshing change at BA and I hope this is not an exception. The AV system is the old one, they should at least upgrade this. I had lunch, which was quite good, and went to sleep. I slept for more than 6 hours on this flight as I found these old seats more comfortable. We landed on time. Overall a good flight, nothing much to complain about.

I sincerely hope BA is improving their service standard. They have the best connections into North America and if they keep improving their service, it will again start flying high.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:56 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by vcg111
(I wonder why they dont give PJs, other airlines in business do)...
Which other airlines give out pyjamas in business class? That practice would certainly not be the norm.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 12:55 am

Programs: qantas platinum (OWE), hyatt platinum, hertz gold
pj's in business

Originally Posted by ylwae
Which other airlines give out pyjamas in business class? That practice would certainly not be the norm.
Qantas do.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 1:10 am

Programs: Shiny ones
Virgin Atlantic do

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.