Pictures from the Soup Do 6/20 and Brooklyn Reality Tour 6/21

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)

Hey guys,

I had a great weekend in NYC recently with fellow FlyerTalkers. I attended the Soup Do hosted by Catman and the famous Brooklyn Reality Tour by dhammer.

I took couple of pictures from the events and hosted them on my website. Unfortunately, you'll have to click the link to the pictures one by one but if someone can put the pictures into a gallery, I would appreciate it

Also, I'm pretty bad with names so perhaps you can point out who's who in the pictures

Enjoy!

Soup Do Pictures 06/20/08

Brooklyn Reality Tour 06/21/08

Safe travels!
Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great pictures, so many familiar faces! Wish I could have made this (although Paris wasn't too bad either). What's up with the picture of the cop?
Old Jun 25, 2008, 6:08 am

Fantastic pics... reminds me of growing up in the Bronx, as my family and I would visit Coney Island quite frequently... Thanks....
Old Jun 25, 2008, 6:15 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Rick, thanks for posting those pics! Made me miss my homeland even though I only live 30 miles east of it!

Dan, I could find that house in the dark blindfolded...I could walk there easily from my boyhood home!^
Old Jun 25, 2008, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
What can I say.

These pictures really show off Brooklyn, and what's offered on the tour.
Food Food Food.

Thanks to www.spg.com for offering a 5000 point certificate. ^
Thanks to Randy, the Moderators, and www.boardingarea.com for sponsoring our pizza stop and assorted bakery goodies. ^

When I have the time, I'll send you a PM matching names and faces. Although I don't know the name of the policewoman.

For those regular readers of Trip Reports, you should head over to the Community forum and see what we're up to.

dh
Old Jun 26, 2008, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
What's up with the picture of the cop?
I took that picture of her to show my supervisors that it IS possible to have a good-looking female sergeant.

Though that might earned me desk duties for the next month ... or so

Originally Posted by dhammer53
When I have the time, I'll send you a PM matching names and faces. Although I don't know the name of the policewoman. :
Come on Dan .. I thought you know everything about (and everyone in) Brooklyn

And that'd be nice, thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 1:00 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2008, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I have fond memories of my mom (may she rest in peace) taking me to Teena's Cake Fair every year to get my birthday cake. They used to have these plastic miniature baseball players that we would buy to adorn the top of the cake.

Of course it was just as nice to go to Teena's any other time for the yummy treats. It got even better when I was in high school (South Shore, y'all passed it on the tour), when my friend's sister worked there and helped to defray some of our expenses

What did you guys buy to try at Teena's?

FYI except for the obnoxious card rack in the middle of the store, it looks exactly the same to me. Dan, is this the case??
Old Jun 26, 2008, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
According to my sister, the woman behind the counter (from my old high school - Tilden) is just as crusty as ever.

Let's see, cawhite pre-ordered 2 dozen black and whites http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_and_white_cookie

Everyone else dabbled in a variety of the usual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.