Search

Tampa to Sarasota!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2007, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta. Silver
Tampa to Sarasota!!!!!

Please excuse if this is old news.
I have read on various occasions in other parts of this site, suggestions as to how to acquire a few extra miles in a hurry to obtain the next level etc.
I was recently on vacation in Florida, and as purely a social flyer was coming up 180 miles short, with no further chances this year.
I booked for myself and my wife Tampa to Sarasota return. This is operated by Cape Air in a nine seater Cessna. 20 minutes each way. Per mile, obviously quite expensive, but as a one off experience, absolutely superb. My wife was ushered into the co-pilots seat on the return journey and enjoyed it enormously.
Highly recomended.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 11:07 am

Good to get a trip report.

However... your profile says you are a Delta flyer. I do hope this wasn't intended to be used to qualify for a DL elite level, since if you look at the fine print on Delta's site about earning miles on partners, you'll see:
Mileage may be earned on Continental-coded flights operated by Continental, Commute Air (CO 8635–8797 only), ExpressJet, Continental Micronesia, Chautauqua, or any SkyTeam partner. Travel on Cape Air, Colgan Air, Commutair, Gulfstream International, and Regions Air is ineligible for mileage accrual. Mileage credit is not applicable for fares booked in YN, EN, E, GN, G, or P class. 150% of mileage applies only to A, C, D, J, and Z class only.
These are Cape Air operated flights.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 4:35 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
And neither DL, nor CO, will even consider an exception. I went twelve rounds with them over this when I was stuck commuting between So Fla and Nassau on Gulfstream earlier this year. Fortunately, I'll just catch GM, so in the end, the MQM's wouldn't make a difference. The most confusing part about the entire thing is that CO will still print your DL number on the BP, so it appears as if you're getting credit. No dice, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.