Search

BA lhr-del in F: menu, quick report, some pics

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2007, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Thumbs up BA lhr-del in F: menu, quick report, some pics

Food
(My selections are in italics, followed by comments)

Starters
Lobster, mango, and pink grapefruit salad (Quite good, but lobster chunks were not very big, claw meat i suspect)
Vineet Bhatia's asparagus and potato patty over spicy chick-peas
White bean and oregano soup with truffle oil
Fresh salad leaves with choice of Roquefort and pine nut or lemon and soy dressing

Main
Roasted rack of lamb with herb crust and crushed peas (Juicy and tastey, though i dont care much for crushed peas)
Vineet Bhatia's Chicken in green masala, cumin rice and stir fried asparagus
Vegtable Makhani
Grilled Prawns with Mango and coconut salad

Dessert
Vineet Bhatia's marbled chocolate and almond samosa
Warm treacle tart with vanilla ice-cream (Very sweet and rich, good, but not airfrance good)

Cheese Plate
Costal Cheddar
Cashel Blue
Tornegus
All served with a basket of fresh fruit

Snacks
Bacon roll with Ketchup
Penne past with char-grilled red pepper sauce (I was impressed, given that i am italian, however, the Parmesan cheese should have been grated finer)
Duchy of Corwall biscuits
Selection of cheese and fruit

Tea time
An enormous quantity of teas
Scones, muffins, ect
little sandwiches

Comments
Overall the food was excellent . . . definately F quality. I wish i had also asked for a cheese plate, must admit i am curious to see the quality of the selection. While the Vineet Bhatia offerings seemed very tempting, i knew i had 2 weeks of indian food ahead of me.

Wine & Spirits

Champagne
Charles Heidsieck Blanc des Millenaires, 1995(Sufficiently chilled, though i prefer others, eg Krug)
White Wines
Chablis Grand Cru Boufros, Cote Bouguerots, 2004 (Very good)
Sancerre Edmond 2003
Mount Pleasant Lovedale, 2001

Red Wines
Chateau Beychevelle, 1996, Grand Cru Class Saint-Julien
Morey-Saint-Denis, 2002
Leasingham Bin 56 Cabarnet Sauvignon, 2002 (Excellent if you are a fan of Cabarnet's)

Dessert Wine
Bonnezeaux 2003, Chateau de Fesles
Warre's 1988 Colheita Port

Spirits, Digestifs, and Liqueurs
Gonzalez Byass Sherries
Smirnoff Black Label Vodka
Tanqueray No. Ten Gin
Johnnie Walker Blue Label Scotch Whiskey(A difficult choice along with the Glenlivet, but excellent and a two HUGE pours, thanks FA)
The Glenlivet 18-year-old Single Malt
Woodford Reserve Kentucky Whiskey
Camus XO Cognac

Comments
Only real gripe is with the Champagne, more of a personal thing. Also, why no high end Rum slection, perhaps a Pampero Anniversario would be in order.

Pics
(All taken with my iphone, will use leica for the return leg, promise)
Fellow Passenger in full recline:http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4...ssengerpl6.jpg
Champagne & Macademia:http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9792/champre8.jpg
Canapes:http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4605/canapeca1.jpg
Lobster Salad:http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7430/saladcp9.jpg
Rack of Lamb:http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/6664/lambkn2.jpg
Desset:http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9084/dessertia2.jpg

Conclusions
A standard fare first class flight on BA. Seat is great, food and drink are top-notch, and service was very efficient. Definately one of the best ways to spend 8hrs on a commercial flight.

I do wonder what type of meal service will be offered on the return flight which departs DEL at 2:00am, any insight appreciated.

(Just noticed i wrote this wearing my BA FIRST PJ's . . . comfy
Old Sep 19, 2007, 4:32 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by nick_marquise
I do wonder what type of meal service will be offered on the return flight which departs DEL at 2:00am, any insight appreciated.
Full dinner after take-off and hot breakfast before landing at LHR. You can also ask for an express dinner service (without a hot main) if you want a longer sleeping time.

What I usually do on this flight out of DEL is to have a late 10pm-ish dinner at a nice hotel in DEL, and get to the airport as late as possible. (90 minutes before departure.) Then just have some cheese and port onboard after take-off followed by a nice sleep!

You can have breakfast if you wake up in time onboard, or else you can have a proper cooked breakfast in the Arrivals lounge at LHR too.

Loads more info about this in the BA forum. And if you search for a poster with the handle Can I Help You on the BA forum, you'll find him to be extremely helpful in guiding you about specific menus for your flight.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

AJLONDON, thanks for your insightful reply. I did think there was a possibility for a "light dinner" even though it's F, thankfully i am wrong.

Unfortunately i will be working very late, and then have some social obligations, which means drinking followed by hunger. Would love one last meal at the Imperial, but i'll have to settle for the onflight meal.

I will probably do the arrivals lounge, unless of course i wake up early . . . will follow with a report.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 4:13 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
You're most welcome! Have a good flight back.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:45 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
great TR! i've yet to experience BA F, only their C product and that was very nice.

btw i'd have gone with the sancerre
Old Sep 22, 2007, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UCBeau
btw i'd have gone with the sancerre
I too love Sancerre, but i hadnt tried the Chablis Grand Cru yet . . . my return leg is coming up, let see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.