Amsterdam LCC Jet2 vs. Easyjet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2007, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Blue +, Hilton Gold, SOFITEL PRIV
Amsterdam LCC Jet2 vs. Easyjet

Low Cost Airline Comparison -

Jet 2 vs. Easyjet

Had the opportunity to try both these low cost carriers out on a recent trip to Amsterdam below is a comparison to my findings

13 August 2007

Leeds Bradford – Amsterdam
Departure 0700
Arrival 0915

Booked the flight a few days before on the carrier’s website, the website is very concise and easy to use I like the fact it has a monthly low cost finder so you can look at a route month by month and find the cheapest dates of travel.

Jet 2 also allow you to prebook seats and check in online. I booked my seat at an extra cost of £2.50 and printed off my boarding card.

As I had already got my boarding pass and was travelling with hand luggage only I arrived at the airport 45 minutes before departure, headed straight through security and to the gate area. Due to this been a peek flight wait time at security was about 15 minutes and belts and shoes had to be removed. I always find the security at Leeds to be very friendly.

Boarding call came at 0645 and we walked across the apron to the waiting 737-300, Jet 2 doesn’t use air bridges to keep the costs down. Boarding cards checked again at the aircraft door and boarded this well worn in 737. The leather seats had definitely seen better days but hey it’s a 50 minute flight. Flight departed with 85 passengers on board on time. Once airborne the 3 cabin crew came around offering snacks and drinks for purchase. Leg room was not good at about 29”

Landed on the runway furthest away from the terminal and had a 15 minute taxi to the H pier of Schipol airport.

Was in central station just 25 minutes after landing.

14th August 2007
Amsterdam – London Gatwick
Departure 1310
Arrival 1310

Booked the flight the same time as the outward, the only difference is Easyjet operate a open seating and yes you can check in online and get a boarding pass, by doing this you get to board in Group A so have a pretty good selection of seats. Flight was operated by a relatively new looking A319 and was 90% full. 4 cabin crew on this flight and once again drinks and snacks were available for purchase. Then the selling starts, Scratch cards, gifts, rail tickets, etc etc it seemed like for the whole 50 minutes they were trying to sell things over the PA, not good if you want to relax. Arrived on time at Gatwick and deplaned via an air bridge. Immigration at Gatwick took 30 mins and as only hand luggage I boarded the Gatwick Express 40 minutes after landing.

Overall I couldn’t really split the two airlines, Easyjet won on the modern aircraft and perhaps half an inch more leg room, Jet2 won in terms of pre booked seats.

For what the airlines charge both offer a good product that make getting around Europe a cheap experience

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.