Wiki Posts
Search

BA First LHR-TLV

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2007, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AA EXP, UA 1K, AMEX Cent
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Great report!

I have one question though. You mentioned that you will not be able to go to Lebanon since you were stamped in Israel. I have wanted to visit Israel but have been unable to because my job requires me to go to places such as Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Qatar, etc. and I do not want to have problems at customs in these countries.

After looking for information, I have been unable to find away around this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks again for the great report and pictures! ^
You can very easily obtain a second passport. I have one for travel to Arab lands (they are valid for 2 years w/o extention), and my main one (which has TLV stamps in it). You would use your main one for travel to Yemen, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, etc and a second for travel to/from TLV.

It should be noted, if you ask TLV immigration control to NOT stamp your passport they will not. I did this as my family and I took a trip which required multiple tourist visas in advance (Morocco, Egypt, Turkey, etc). TLV security didn't have a problem with not stamping our passports, as it was necessary to avoid any delay in immigration at Customs at our other destinations.

PM me and I'll send you all the info you desire.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AA EXP, UA 1K, AMEX Cent
Originally Posted by TEX277
One thing that I did not state in the report was how safe we actually felt walking around. I must say that at no time whatsoever did we feel even a little uneasy with regards to our safety. I do not recall ever before visiting a country for the first time and wondering around rather aimlessly without any concerns. Each person with whom we had dealings was perfectly pleasant and very hospitable despite what BA state on their Israel destination guide. I would link to it here but it looks like guide links are down.

I would, of course, thoroughly recommend a trip to anybody. I am pleased to see that MCS? has already booked his ticket^ . Looks like you are going for a little longer than we spent over there. I am sure that you'll have a great time and will, no doubt, see much more of both Tel Aviv and Israel than we did.

^ ^ ^ Finer words could not have been said! Some of my friends think I am "nuts" for decompressing in TLV rather than somewhere like St. Barths...

But I digress, thanks for visiting TLV and not making it out to be the place it is described in the television. I flew that route on the BA777 several times. It is a GREAT hop. I actually look forward to trips I need to take on Shabbat as BA is always my "backup" on the JFK-TLV route.

I will be taking a BOS-FRA-TLV-FRA-JFK run soon on LH F (for work). Will try to emulate your excellent report.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 1:46 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Originally Posted by TEX277
...I kiss goodbye to my chances of visiting Lebanon in the next eight and a half years as she stamps my passport, returns it to me and waves me through...
ROFLMAO

Thanks so much for the great trip report and for sharing your pictures with us ^ ^ .
Old Mar 6, 2007, 4:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Fantastic report thanks.^
Old Mar 6, 2007, 7:37 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Great report TEX277 ^
Old Mar 10, 2007, 8:13 am

I'm glad that you had a pleasant trip.
If i could, I would go to back to Tel Aviv tonight... actually, I'd just want to move there.

I'm partial to the Dan Hotel in Tel Aviv, but it is substantially more expensive than the Sheraton.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 5:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Really enjoyed this report TEX277.

Never gave a thought of going to TLV for a weekend but now I think I may add it to my wish list.^
Old Apr 1, 2007, 8:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I Enjoyed Your Report Thoroughly

I had a chance to visit your fair city in February. I enjoyed myself and hope to return when the weather is warmer (like the end of July).
Old Apr 15, 2007, 1:41 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Great report and congratulations on finding such a good award!
Old Apr 22, 2007, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Great report!

I have one question though. You mentioned that you will not be able to go to Lebanon since you were stamped in Israel. I have wanted to visit Israel but have been unable to because my job requires me to go to places such as Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Qatar, etc. and I do not want to have problems at customs in these countries.

After looking for information, I have been unable to find away around this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks again for the great report and pictures! ^
Just to drive the point home - as noted by other posters - you can very easily, very simply, just ask the Israelis to stamp your visa on a separate piece of paper. It's a very common request.

TEX277 - Sorry for my late arrival, but just wanted to throw my 2 cents in - this is a fantastic report. I'm horribly envious that living in the UK allows you to make a simple one-day trip of this kind. I've been to Israel numerous times, but enjoy each such report that much more than the last - it's always wonderful to see a place such as Israel through someone else's fresh eyes.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 5:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Silver
Thanks so much for this -- Mrs. S and I are flying in F on 165 out, 164 home for the two week holiday next month, staying at the David Intercontinental in Tel Aviv.

It will be our first trip to Israel, and we're very excited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.