BEAR Alert! LHR-FRA-BKK-KBV and vv LH/TG J/C - "From Thailand with Love"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BEAR Alert! LHR-FRA-BKK-KBV and vv LH/TG J/C - "From Thailand with Love"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2006, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA-Gld, BD Lifetime Gld, LH Pleb, *Wd GPG, HH-Dmd, Amex: can take their Cent card and <CENSORED>
Smile BEAR Alert! LHR-FRA-BKK-KBV and vv LH/TG J/C - "From Thailand with Love"

Willard the Bear is at it again! On a Whirldwind tour of Starwood properties in Thailand, calling at the Royal Orchid, The Westin and the Sheraton Grande in BKK, as well as the Sheraton Krabi Resort.

Trip report is a "part work" in progress Here.

It's likely to interesct with TEX277's report, since we met up with him last night!

Ken

Willard the Bear - I'm typing as fast as my paws will allow, honestly!
Old Dec 10, 2006, 10:44 pm

Programs: BA emerald, AF rouge ,UA premier executive, SQ,ANA, HYATT,, AMENITI
Willard The Bear is back again^
Old Dec 11, 2006, 12:03 am

Programs: UA UGS 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, UA RCC, AA AC
I had the pleasure of meeting Willard in BKK at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Platinum guest cocktail hour. No doubt, he exists and he knows how to party. We proceeded to hit the town after 7 rounds, dined at Sirocco 65 floors up at the Dome Tower, and then did another few rounds the next night followed by dinner at the new hotel Dream.

Move over Bond, I see a new tux-clad bear in town...
Old Dec 11, 2006, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA-Gld, BD Lifetime Gld, LH Pleb, *Wd GPG, HH-Dmd, Amex: can take their Cent card and <CENSORED>
Part 2 up

Editing may be a little lax in a few places (was in a hurry to upload before I left the SGS, and Willard's paws don't get any smaller!) But this episode does include the pics from the BKK SGS mini-Do!

Thanks for your kind comments, seattle1K - aren't you going to petition Randy to change your FT handle to seattleUGS (or even BKKUGS )?

In the Royal Silk lounge now - getting ready for the trip home!

Ken.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 6:55 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old Dec 15, 2006, 9:40 pm

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Man, that's a mighty big glass of wine for such a small bear! Willard must have slept very well on the flight to Frankfurt.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 8:09 am
Suspended

That's one hot bear.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 3:10 am

I have only had time to have a quick look at your TR KenF but will take a good look tomorrow when I have a little more time. Great meeting you again. Perhaps next time could be somewhere a little more local!

Thanks for posting those pictures, particularly the one of me, Seattle1K and schoflyer lounging around the pool bar at the SGS!^

The picture that the hotel employee took just before we departed the SGS can be seen here.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up Finally uploaded the last chapter!

Originally Posted by SMART51
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Whoa! Tough crowd! Willard has been typing as quickly as he could honestly, but the additional technical problems introduced by travelling with a "Willard Sized" (and one item of handbaggage-sized) laptop had introduced delays (next time I vow to name the directories the same on all machines).

Originally Posted by GregWTravels
Man, that's a mighty big glass of wine for such a small bear! Willard must have slept very well on the flight to Frankfurt.
Anyone who has met up with Willard will know that his capacity for wine (especially Champagne!) is virtually limitless!

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
That's one hot bear.
Willard's blushing!

Originally Posted by TEX277
Thanks for posting those pictures, particularly the one of me, Seattle1K and schoflyer lounging around the pool bar at the SGS!
Pleasure to meet up with you again TEX! Hope to see you at the DeTox Do! And perhaps we should consider the practicality of FT's first South Coast do?

So, the final episode is up, and Willard is getting ready to hang his stocking up and see if he has been a good little bear this year! Thanks for all your encouragement, hope to see some of you "on the road" in 2007!

Willard the Bear - I'm sure I've been a good bear and deserve lots of presents - what do you mean "what about the bar in Bangkok?" - Oh, I see.......

Last edited by KenF; Dec 20, 2006 at 3:43 am Reason: Added link to the actual TR
Old Dec 20, 2006, 9:25 pm

Wow,you should write movies for Hollywood. Great imagination and alot of fun.
Thank you.^ ^ ^
Old Dec 20, 2006, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by KenF
And perhaps we should consider the practicality of FT's first South Coast do?
Nice idea but I don't believe that we would be able to claim that it is "the first ever South coast do".

Great trip report and many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.