Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Across the Globe in 5 Continents Again

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2006, 8:30 pm
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
This was a great epic, thanks for posting, it made a great read and brought back some good memories of certain sectors (i.e. SIN-KIX) that I had flown before.

I look forward to your next set of reports!
Old Oct 24, 2006, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Awesome trip report. ^ Thanks Kiwi flier.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
wow, took me about an hour and a half, but I finally completed this report. Excellent. Read it like a book in different sittings
Old Oct 29, 2006, 5:55 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Originally Posted by jdls22
If you don't mind me asking what does a trip like this cost????
One World Explorer RTW (xONEx) pricing can be found in the ultimate global A/D/L ONE 3/4/5/6 pricing. I bought a couple of price changes before the current prices (so quite a bit lower), from NZ. There are some cheaper places to start a xONEx (like Colombo) but for me the price and convenience together made sense to start in NZ.

The side trip BOS-DFW-SEA-DFW-BOS was a YUP fare (no longer exists replaced by KUP). Last I checked (before the start of this report) the KUP fare was more than US$100 higher than the YUP that I bought it.

The other trips were all heavily discounted specials.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kiwi,

Great report as always. I wish I have the time and flexibility to create such routings as yours without the influence of corporate travel scheduling as that is where the bulk of my flights come from. Hope you had a less bumpier flight than mines. The last two times I was on SQ286 we encountered massive turbulences while flying above Queensland.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA 1MM *G (recovered GS), SPG Nothing, Hilton Nothing, AA Nothing
Thank you KiwiFlyer for yet another fascinating read. I really appreciate all the detail that you put into your reports.

-C
Old Oct 31, 2006, 8:44 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
Kiwi,

Great report as always. I wish I have the time and flexibility to create such routings as yours without the influence of corporate travel scheduling as that is where the bulk of my flights come from. Hope you had a less bumpier flight than mines. The last two times I was on SQ286 we encountered massive turbulences while flying above Queensland.
Other than Dallas to Buenos Aires (DFW-EZE) and some of the short hops around New Zealand, I don't recall any particularly bumpy flights lately. That said, I think I have a reasonably high threshold for turbulence being well used to both turbulence in the tropics (almost every longhaul flight to/from NZ crosses the tropics and has some turbulence) and terrain induced.

A recent flight (since this report) into Wellington was especially bumpy - like a rollercoaster and while most passengers (and even the cabin crew) looked a bit green I was quite fine. On the flight out later the same day we had the steepest take off I have ever experienced as the pilot tried to clear the turbulence as fast as possible, even a moment of weightlessness coming out of the initial climb!
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:01 am

Programs: Qantas frequent flyer, Enrich Silver & HHonours
What is it with Singapore airlines serving Smirnoff red label vodka? Surely with the prices they charge for business they could upgrade their vodka to blue label or silver label, or even Absolute or Stoly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.