Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Tahiti Nui First Class JFK-PPT-SYD is phenomenal

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2006, 1:53 am

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by the phoenix
Been swamped with many lifestyle changes up ahead (BABY en route) so I will probably do a QF one soon. I will have separate link to photos soon! Promise! ^
Mario, totally forgot about this...

It would be really good to see a trip report as I would love to hear about your experience on the BAe146 KNX-ZNE-PER.

Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton
http://www.airliners.net/discussions...ad.main/90241/

Sorry, it's been a while. I did mention the BAe146 in the above report.

In retrospect, I am sad to see this aircraft go. It's small, quiet and rather roomy. Not many of them were used in the USA and no more will be made.

Given the option of a BAe 146 vs an ERJ for a regional flight, I would have spring for the 146 anytime!
Old Feb 18, 2007, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great report. Thanks for the effort!
Old Feb 19, 2007, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by sllevin
And for two people travelling together, I'd argue CX's layout is more awkward.
That's a good point. I strongly suspect that the vast majority of TN's F clientele travel as couples, making the seating at least not problematic, if not ideal.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by PresRDC
That's a good point. I strongly suspect that the vast majority of TN's F clientele travel as couples, making the seating at least not problematic, if not ideal.
True for business much more than for first.

First class is frequently top politicians from French Polynesia, may or may not be accompanied. My (2) flights in TN F

(1) 6 seats, LAX-PPT - 2 taken by me and mrs. gleff, 2 taken by honeymooners who paid to upgrade at checkin, and 2 taken by gov't officials continuing on from CDG-LAX.

(2) 6 seats, PPT-AKL - 2 taken by me and mrs. gleff, 1 taken by a businessman, 3 empty.

Now, 2 data points hardly mean much, but my general understanding of the purpose of F on TN is that top gov't officials prefer to fly F but also prefer to fly their own carrier over Air France.

Still, the general point is true that lay flat non-suites are fine for couples, less fine for business travelers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.