Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

a Lit.tle sPRinG.Ly JoUrney (BUDding KiwiS Can zig-ZAG around Europe)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

a Lit.tle sPRinG.Ly JoUrney (BUDding KiwiS Can zig-ZAG around Europe)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2005, 12:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Originally Posted by WearyBizTrvlr
However, I wonder how you figure the 200k equivalent of earned miles. Even with the many short segments and minimum mileage of 1,000 on each of them, I'm hard pressed to come close to even 100k. Then again, I'm not familiar with the NZ FFP, so that might be it.

How many sectors to Lifetime Solitaire?
The least miles (or miles equivalent) I got for any sector was 2000 but almost all were much, much more than this due to promos. Judicious selection of crediting to various FFPs helped to maximise. Also I am including miles earned from hotel stays and paying for the ticket on credit card.

PPS Lifetime Solitaire is 1000 sectors or 1.8 million miles - only SQ business and first count - (each eligible flight earns between 1.25 and 6 sectors depending on class and length). For more info visit the SQ forum. PS I am a looooong way short of that.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 5:46 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Kiwi Flyer,so you re-qualified PPS and *G Elite (Air NZ?), but what was the third FF program you re-qualified?? (sorry, dumb question from a OW flyer)...

Also, how much did the trip cost - ballpark will do.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA 2P, Nat'l Executive
And how long did you spend planning it?
Old Apr 6, 2005, 8:25 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Great report, Kiwi Flyer, but once again a truly crazy itinerary. Any non-FTer would consider you certifiably insane!

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
It didnt look like that. The "bird" was large and obvious on the fuselage.
There's a fairly dodgy looking bird around which I think is a hangover from the old days of Canadi>n. Is this the one?
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/766382/M/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/800227/M/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/748423/M/
Old Apr 6, 2005, 12:20 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Yes thats it.
Old May 12, 2006, 12:32 pm

The old town is centred on Hlavna, which is very well preserved. The neighbouring streets are more crumbling and lived in. The Hlavna is pedestrianised and runs around both sides of the St Nicholas Cathedral and a couple of parks. St Nicholas is a fine gothic style with brightly coloured tiled roof...
I just spotted this thread - funtastic

Anyway, I have to correct you here: the cathedral in the centre of Kosice is St Elisabeth Cathedral. But the chapel next to it is St Nicholas Chapel (In fact, it is even older than Cathedrale)
Old May 13, 2006, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA emerald, AF rouge ,UA premier executive, SQ,ANA, HYATT,, AMENITI
KIWI FLYER
Seems with all your travelling you do not have time to answer your e-mails
Old May 13, 2006, 8:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Hi

You guessed right. I have been offline the past couple of days travelling, during which period you sent me an email. Lets keep this by email.

Thanks
Old May 13, 2006, 8:51 pm

Programs: BA emerald, AF rouge ,UA premier executive, SQ,ANA, HYATT,, AMENITI
Hi

You guessed right. I have been offline the past couple of days travelling, during which period you sent me an email. Lets keep this by email.

Thanks
My apologies.
Thank you for your e-mail response
Old May 14, 2006, 5:49 am

Programs: BA, BD, AF, LH, AA, EK, Hilton, ICHG, SPG
I too have just discovered this thread for the first time. An amazing trip, a fun read and, best of all, it is sparking off lots of @:-)@:-)@:-)s

Originally Posted by mad_atta
... a truly crazy itinerary. Any non-FTer would consider you certifiably insane!
Absolutely! Many of my friends thought my own recent big trip was just a succession of flights and airports, yet it was thoroughly relaxed compared to this But then, we are FTers, so we can see the attraction and be suitably jealous!

I would love to do a *A RTW one of these days, but the trick will be how to do it without losing my OW status
Old May 14, 2006, 2:10 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steady-EDI
I would love to do a *A RTW one of these days, but the trick will be how to do it without losing my OW status
Well you could nest a *A RTW with a OW RTW, each starting from a "cheap" origin. From the examples I have seen and played with, this works best if they are in opposite directions.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 1:32 am

Programs: Qantas frequent flyer, Enrich Silver & HHonours
It is the same with an Aussie passport for Vietnam. Makes you wonder why they need it for so long

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.