Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ba001

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2011, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Blue
Nice report missed it the first time around you always did know when the great bird was taking off and landing, a great sound
I was a motorcyclist at the time travelling up and down the M4 to work, had to give that up when I had trouble remembering some of the journey coming home after night shifts and even with all the gear on and a full face helmet you still knew when it was landing or taking off like I said a great sound.

I have 2 fond memories of seeing Concorde the first was with my wife on the upper deck of a BA 747 going to SFO when after the plane was loaded the Captain came on to say that a passenger was not sure all the bags he had checked in were his
We were towed off stand and round to the side of T4 to get this sorted and passed G-BOAD packed up and I managed to get some photo's https://picasaweb.google.com/tp.oreilly/Concorde#

The second was while I was on my way home on the bike on a summer evening when I heard then saw it coming into land from the west with a good friend and her mother on board, neither of them with us anymore, it always makes me smile when I remember it.

DMF

-----------------------------------------

A scorpion in Sweden?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.