The last 2,000 BA Tier Points to 100,000 Tier Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The last 2,000 BA Tier Points to 100,000 Tier Points

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Congrats Markie - a fantastic achievement when you hit it!
Markie likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 1:23 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
24 March 2024
In the end the flight was close to on-time at Sofia. The crew did a good job feeding everyone - but only 6 rows of Club this time. I didn't eat and hence no photos of the food. (Lamb or Gnocchi)
Arrival in to Sofia was at the B gates (B6 I think). There was a short queue at immigration but after a couple of questions I was let in, and quickly in the cab to the Hyatt.
Fairly good nights sleep and the expected breakfast this morning in the restaurant.
I sat in 1C on the way from London which I have not done for a good few years but could not secure 1D in advance. It is not the best seat as you do get bashed by passengers on boarding.

25 March 2024
As the flight is at 17:25 tonight (A little earlier than normal) so I will probably leave the Hyatt around 3pm.
The boarding in to the holding pen usually starts around the time that the inbound plane lands.
There is a wait but as soon as the cleaners are done you get boarded. The SOF staff are incredibly efficient.
eightblack, Tocsin, jaro and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:39 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just to echo other responses, but this is an incredible (in the various meanings of that word) feat....! I'm sure you won't miss the random routings.

And you mentioned 1C in Club Europe above - terrible seat, I avoid at all costs!
Old Mar 25, 2024, 9:16 am

Programs: British Airways
Wow, what achievement!. Thanks for sharing.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:01 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Originally Posted by daftboy
Just to echo other responses, but this is an incredible (in the various meanings of that word) feat....! I'm sure you won't miss the random routings.

And you mentioned 1C in Club Europe above - terrible seat, I avoid at all costs!
I get 1C when Mrs T is in 1A - my strategy is to stand/ slouch against the bulkhead until I hear 'boarding complete'
Coathanger and daftboy like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:56 am
Original Poster

25 March 2024
The inbound from London at Sofia was early and a late departing Turkish Airlines flight meant that gate C1 was not available. Many people seems to pay more attention to the gate on their boarding pass than the airport displays and announcements. The gate used instead did not have a holding pen making boarding a bit more complex than the usual lining up and waiting.

Once the on the plane I was back in 1D and fine. The all female crew did a good job with 12 rows of Club although dd drinks with dinner and then on request only.

Left SOF and landed at Heathrow early and in to a gate on the right side of T3 so was off quickly and through immigration where there were only one or two people in line for the scanners.
All in all a good day.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by Tocsin
I get 1C when Mrs T is in 1A - my strategy is to stand/ slouch against the bulkhead until I hear 'boarding complete'
I sit in 1B, or perch on the table if fitted, it’s the perfect height for me. Generally manage to avoid the boarding battering but do get some funny looks at times
T8191, Tocsin and jaro like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:14 am
Original Poster

28 March 2024 - 1760 left to earn

The missing awards at 7k, 8k and 9k Tier Points in the year have been posted now. I am still waiting to hear about last years missing awards.

It has been a busy week as an organisation I am involved with made the national newspapers and radio in the UK. Speaking to journalists, and doing interviews have taken up a lot of time. I am pleased I am home now.

The Tier Points from the quick trip to Sofia have posted. There will be a pause in travel for about ten days whilst I do some voluntary work in the UK.

Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:52 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Holy cow! So close you can smell it...well done my friend
SPBanker likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by JapesUK
I sit in 1B, or perch on the table if fitted, it’s the perfect height for me. Generally manage to avoid the boarding battering but do get some funny looks at times
As a tall person with broad shoulders, I dislike how in 1C/1D you can't stretch your legs or stay uncramped during boarding otherwise you get bumped into at least 10 times!
JapesUK likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Markie
28 March 2024 - 1760 left to earn

The missing awards at 7k, 8k and 9k Tier Points in the year have been posted now. I am still waiting to hear about last years missing awards.
So, just to update what has happened:

- BA have issued my 7k, 8k, 9k for this year
- They have agreed that they will credit awards for 10k, 11k, 12k and 13k last year

All in all very generous on behalf of BA.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 3:10 am
Original Poster

The past week has seen a couple of my 2023-24 additional awards post in the form of Avios. The extra upgrade certificates I requested are still awaited.

6 April 2024

I diligently woke at midnight to try and secure an earlier flight to Newcastle today but there was nothing available. Getting up and to the airport early I asked and they popped me in to the last Club seat on the 1825 departure. Nice.
I will have to wake at the same time tonight to try and shift the return.
The Boarding pass happily displayed GROUP0 for the first time but no GGL annotation under my name. The Concorde Room is quiet really with a few of the staff working that I know. Having been out of T3 for the past couple of months they have forgotten me I think.

A quick breakfast of toast and coffee and now I get to catch up on emails.

Hoping that the expected storm doesn't disrupt things for me today.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 5:07 am
Original Poster

6 April 2024

Of course I spoke too soon and Heathrow now has a set of rolling delays for many flights this afternoon and evening.
The flight I switched to is now late as the inbound aircraft from Dublin is very delayed and the aircraft has to do one more turn before we leave.

So time for lunch:

Four Cheese Ravioli

Spotted Dick
Old Apr 7, 2024, 12:29 am
Original Poster

6 April 2024
In the end BA did a plane swap when it became clear that the original plane would not make it back from Dublin. Looking at FlightAware it was clear lots of flights were aborting landings yesteday at DUB. Other passengers have posted on Facebook that their flights were cancelled and they have been rebooked for Sunday.

For me a happy ending - 15 minutes early in to NCL.

Old Apr 7, 2024, 12:32 am
Original Poster

7 April 2024
Having woken at midnight to do a same day change to the earlier flight back from Newcastle, and being unable to do it, I did call the GGL call centre. Switched to the India call centre the agent understood why I could not make the change myself (my SDC from yesterday) and did it. Less than 5 minutes later I have a new boarding pass, will get in to London 6 hours earlier and am enjoying the NCL Aspire lounge to myself.
The lounge is just lovely and as others have said, the staff are super friendly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.