Reload this Page >

From Suites To Scoot To Bling

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

From Suites To Scoot To Bling

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2024, 8:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by eightblack

In fact, one year I even arranged something called the Dubai Do and a gaggle of FT’ers were treated like royalty as we toured EK’s catering facility, jumped out of an A380 upper deck door onto an escape slide and all had breakfast and copious amounts of Moet in the F lounge.

It was a cracker of an event. We should do it again.
Count me in

A cracker of a trip report too, loved it.
eightblack likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 10:08 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Thank you SKT-DK , I haven't been to HKG in ages. One of my favorite places. Dim sum is on me next time I visit.
That’s a deal. Let me know any time you find yourself in this part of the world
eightblack likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 8:29 am

...but all of a sudden, there was a crew member at my door and pushing the stool under my weary feet.
Per the latest issue of Washingtonian magazine, the use of a footstool has some health benefits...but likely not the benefits envisioned in the SQ Suite!

Anyhow, lots of serious trip reports in this forum, but none as humorous as EIGHTBLACK's. I was laughing at loud at a bar in USH while reading this one. I am thinking the other patrons were wondering about my health. And there was no way I could translate this humor to Espanol!
Old Mar 29, 2024, 6:08 am

Programs: QF, HH
Well, he's back.

When are you publishing the hardback?
Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:03 am

Programs: QF Platinum, Velocity Platinum
Fantastic report as always - loved every minute
Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:29 am
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by injian
What a way to end this TR - sensational!

I do hope I am lucky to cross paths with you someday and listen to your stories. Cheers to you!
You are very kind injian appreciate it very much.

Originally Posted by estnet
There aren't many things that I like so much that I can't find a substitute for - but your TR - well, there just isn't anything close. Have really missed them. Thanks for this - I just smile (and wince) inside when I think about Scoot and EK F in the same trip and enjoy your adept capture of the contrasting experience!
Yep one minute I am knee deep in the trenches in Scoot, with zero wifi, zero meals, sitting on a seat designed for farm animal and then I'm being plied with as much champagne as I could drink in a seat that was more like a cloud of marshmallows. But isn't that what makes travel amazing. Thank you for the generous comment estnet

Originally Posted by JapesUK
Count me in

A cracker of a trip report too, loved it.
Thank you JapesUK but you're reports are a cracker as well. We both have a high tolerance of pain

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
That’s a deal. Let me know any time you find yourself in this part of the world
Yum Cha is on me. Heinekens are on you SKT-DK

Originally Posted by lamphs
Per the latest issue of Washingtonian magazine, the use of a footstool has some health benefits...but likely not the benefits envisioned in the SQ Suite!

Anyhow, lots of serious trip reports in this forum, but none as humorous as EIGHTBLACK's. I was laughing at loud at a bar in USH while reading this one. I am thinking the other patrons were wondering about my health. And there was no way I could translate this humor to Espanol!
I'm glad my misfortunes could put a smile on your face lamphs

Originally Posted by Catweazle
Well, he's back.

When are you publishing the hardback?
When you publish yours Catweazle Come on, each of us has a book in them!

Originally Posted by flyingmad
Fantastic report as always - loved every minute
Thank you sincerely flyingmad
lamphs and JapesUK like this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:47 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Yum Cha is on me. Heinekens are on you SKT-DK
Deal - with one modification: we drink something better than Heineken!
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:48 pm

Actually, I don’t even think I’ve ever made a bucket list. Have you?

I mean, I have a list which includes Margot Robbie, Jessica Biel, a Jacuzzi full of green jello, 3 straws and a slightly inebriated Mariachi Band but that’s probably not a bucket list. That belongs somewhere else. Like a therapists office…
What kind of a degenerate pervert would think such a thing??? Every civilized gentleman knows that such a situation calls for red jello, not green! I will gladly report this oversight to the moderator promptly at 3:01am if it means I can meet him in person. I promise I'll have an appropriate Christmas-themed liquor in hand ;-)

Seriously though, thanks for another great trip report. Glad to see that the travails of raising Number One Son and The Little One haven't robbed you of your humor!
Parterre likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:55 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by mraju99
Seriously though, thanks for another great trip report. Glad to see that the travails of raising Number One Son and The Little One haven't robbed you of your humor!
Thank you for the kind words mraju99

Except that Number One Son is nearly 23 and his precocious sister is 21! Its amusing living with people who actually think they know everything there is to know
SKT-DK, T8191, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze, QR Burgundy, A3 Blue, ALL Silver, Avis Preferred

I wasn’t dreading the 3 long flights if I’m honest. What I was dreading was enduring more than 30-hours of United’s catering.

When I was in the army, we used to live on MRE’s (Meals Ready To Eat).

Candidly, I quite liked them.

They were little dehydrated silver packets of goodness, and you simply added hot water. Someone in the Army’s supply side had a sense of humor and said “hey let’s write on this label that its chicken with mushrooms and rice. And this one we’ll call roast beef and potatoes. And this we’ll call Turkey with all the trimmings”

When in actual fact, it was none of those. It was all the one thing, which to this day no one could quite place. But when you’re cold, wet and hungry they did the job.

I think they should hand MRE’s out at the gate before you board UA long hauls. Or to spice things up, they shouldn’t give you menus, they should have an onboard competition called “name this meal”
Army Reserve at the time? B and D were the faves for me and I would happily swap for it. Also remember the can opening contests using the FREDs.

Brilliant read, suitably dry. Enthused.

Last edited by Mr Enthused; Apr 8, 2024 at 1:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.