Reload this Page >

BA Holiday 6 day Tier Point run

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holiday 6 day Tier Point run

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2024, 4:03 am

Excellent trip report once again. Just come back from the pool and finished it off whilst mrs rapidex sorts her warpaint fo dinner this evening.
SKT-DK and JapesUK like this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 3:33 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
Thanks for another entertaining trip report. Have to say your stamina does impress me, think we are similar vintage and have to say I would not have your resilience for early mornings and late night travel, different beds, my rear end would not fit through the jetbridge after consuming what you have and I'd be constantly rolling drunk (not meant in a judgemental way - just that I am a lightweight) and I doubt I would have managed to get more than an hours sleep a day on your schedule. Keep it up, your trip reports are one of the first things I check for as I laze in bed with my morning cup of tea.
JapesUK likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by hugolover
Careful taking pics in the GYD lounge! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7QPJdjXXeo

Bolt is good there, no need to bother with getting Yandex to work.
More than understandable this guy was throwed out. Who is filming the check-in? OK, I saw it also in hotels (fortunately for this jokers not live, only in videos)
JapesUK likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 5:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by VorelNaCestach
Several people told me that the metro from/to the airport is not very safe. There are always a lot of pickpocketers or even a group of people trying to steal stuff from the tourists/visitors. Many people had their phones/wallets stolen, some even their backpacks with laptops.
What was your impression?
Can't comment for Japes, but I had my old phone stolen in Athens metro during rush hour - it was packed head on head, someone bumped into me really hard, and boom phone was gone. Luckily it was old, cheap, and did not have any contactless payments activated
hugolover and JapesUK like this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
When they first started the brand, they went a bit overboard. I was looking at some potential stays back about 5-7 years ago, and, not gonna lie, I was scared off.

Marriott apparently realized they're too much and tamed them down for more recent additions. I'll be staying in one in 2 weeks for the first time, and it looks fine. My local one could almost be a Nordic Choice hotel they dialed it back so much.
Marriott HQ is in my backyard. Bill Marriott, Jr. sponsored my Junior Achievement group at the HQ. I can't imagine Sr. or Jr. envisioned a Moxy 40 years ago.
JapesUK likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where’s the Baku TR? We are waiting!
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
He’s probably still feasting on goat soup 😀
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by cdencl
He’s probably still feasting on goat soup 😀
Ha ha ha Still in Birmingham on business, board meeting tomorrow and out with this bunch of rogues from one of my technical teams tonight. Trip starts Thursday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.