Search

Kuala Lumpur and Saigon via Emirates and Singapore First

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2024, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JAXPax
I'll be interested to see what happens over the next fiscal year with Private Suite's TSA program.... It's technically still under a trial program that expires in the next year (TSA was authorized 8 trial cases under reimbursable fee agreements - PS LAX prepays about a half million a year to TSA and they settle up the FY progresses - but the only agreements that have come to fruition are PS at LAX and ATL, Delta at LAX (and soon to be JFK) and one at LGA with Laguardia Airport Partners - the folks who operate the main terminal..... MSP had one for the IC Hotel checkpoint but local TSA leadership overrode it for staffing reasons). So it will require approval to either extend or make permanent. CBP has a much broader and more established Reimbursable Services Program since that's how they provide clearance for many small airports, certain flights that operate outside of normal posted hours at regularly staffed facilities, various business aviation practices, etc. It's a good deal for CBP because they can fully allocate every penny associated with running that program to the fee including retirement liability and even cost of COBRA for former employees.
Very interesting. Thank you for that background insight into the CBP deal with PS and other private services.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 12:04 pm
Formally known as reinmedia

Programs: AA EXP | EX UA 1K | Marriot Titanium
Great trip report as always! If you had to pick one, departure or arrival (internationally) for PS, which would you choose? I feel that the last few times coming back through customs at LAX has only taken 10 min or so with Global Entry, so not sure which would be better for the maximum PS experience.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 12:05 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Great report as always. Photos are awesome, and the trip looks memorable. Great to see the flawless looking service of Emirates, per usual. I always look forward to your reports and travels!
Old Feb 20, 2024, 5:06 pm

Fun and interesting trip. Thanks, as always, for taking us along and great pictures. I am sure it takes you a ton of time to put this together.

EK F is pretty predictably awesome from A to Z, whether its the 380, old 777 or new 777. Im sure youre looking forward to your flight to BRU in the Game Changer. Enjoy!

PS one of the first wine pics is a grand cru Burgundy. Maybe you were having Bordeaux in the EK lounge while typing this
1P likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by reinmedia
Great trip report as always! If you had to pick one, departure or arrival (internationally) for PS, which would you choose? I feel that the last few times coming back through customs at LAX has only taken 10 min or so with Global Entry, so not sure which would be better for the maximum PS experience.
Thank you reinmedia. If you are starting and ending your trip in LA with no connecting flight, I would definitely do departure, and probably only do departure. As you note, Global Entry makes arrival pretty easy and you'd probably just want to get home rather than linger at PS.

Originally Posted by 757
Great report as always. Photos are awesome, and the trip looks memorable. Great to see the flawless looking service of Emirates, per usual. I always look forward to your reports and travels!
Thanks so much 757 and for your kind comments. Indeed, Emirates is just another level of First Class travel.
Flyloha likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NYC1
Fun and interesting trip. Thanks, as always, for taking us along and great pictures. I am sure it takes you a ton of time to put this together.
EK F is pretty predictably awesome from A to Z, whether it’s the 380, old 777 or new 777. I’m sure you’re looking forward to your flight to BRU in the Game Changer. Enjoy!
PS one of the first wine pics is a grand cru Burgundy. Maybe you were having Bordeaux in the EK lounge while typing this
Thanks very much NYC1. Good catch on the Burgundy oops... now fixed.
Definitely looking forward to my TPE-DXB-BRU EK excursion next week. The wine lists looks fabulous on both legs.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 2:50 am

Love your reports but how do you manage to eat soooo much
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Did you shower on the Emirates flight?
Old Feb 21, 2024, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flavio1990
Love your reports but how do you manage to eat soooo much
LOL. Thanks very much Flavio. I don't finish all of the most servings, unless it is so good that I can't resist (like EK biryani). Then I diet for a few days when I get home.

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Did you shower on the Emirates flight?
I did not shower this time.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Good lord, an SFO777 trip where I have been to not one, not two, but three of the restaurants and bars he visited!

That first EK A380 flight, the F seat looks different to when I last flew it - is it a refresh, or is it like their J seats where there are newer revisions of it?
Old Feb 22, 2024, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by darthlemsip

That first EK A380 flight, the F seat looks different to when I last flew it - is it a refresh, or is it like their J seats where there are newer revisions of it?
This is the newer one and the color of the wood is also lighter. In the older one, the wood is darker and the seat doesn't have those diamonds/stitching. The panelling and wallpaper motif (Dubai skyline v. shrub) in the bathrooms are different too.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Good lord, an SFO777 trip where I have been to not one, not two, but three of the restaurants and bars he visited!
Thank you darthlemsip. Wow, which 3 restos are we talking about.

Originally Posted by NYC1
This is the newer one and the color of the wood is also lighter. In the older one, the wood is darker and the seat doesn't have those diamonds/stitching. The panelling and wallpaper motif (Dubai skyline v. shrub) in the bathrooms are different too.
Thanks NYC1. I thought something was a little different and that explains it. I'll pay more attention next week.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:04 pm

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Great as always. FYI, re SGN immigration, global entry allows you to get asean card which allows use of diplomatic passport lines (in theory only while on business trips).
Old Feb 23, 2024, 12:18 pm

Programs: CX Gold, MB Titanium
Nice to see you also enjoying some of the easier options in life with the McDonald’s in Japan. McDonald’s in Asia can be absolutely delicious at times.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777

Thanks NYC1. I thought something was a little different and that explains it. I'll pay more attention next week.
Indeed! It's very likely that it will be the older wood/seat/motif on the 380 from TPE. And you know what the BRU flight will look like.
SFO777 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.