Chasing the Northern Lights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chasing the Northern Lights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by lamphs
If I bothered with family and friend concerns about my travels, I'd likely not have ever left the WDC area (and still be confined to certain locations within the WDC area). Instead, I will have hit 85 countries by the end of this current trip (as well as 48/50 of the US states). lol
That's fair. She got to my wife, who was 5 months pregnant at the time of departure. Irony is, they're now headed to Turkey next week.

It was for sure, but we still enjoyed Prague
lamphs and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Lufthansa Business Lounge New York-JFK

We arrived in New York on a quick Delta flight up from Austin before connecting to our SWISS flight to Zurich. Prior to our flight, we had some time to kill in the Lufthansa Business Lounge New York-JFK.

The Lufthansa Business Lounge at New York-JFK is extremely easy to spot. Once you clear the disaster that is the security checkpoint at JFK Terminal 1, the entrance to the lounge is immediately to the left. The remainder of the terminal area is off to the right.

As you enter the lounge there is a short hallway with the reception desk at the end.

Hours of Operation
The lounge is currently open between 12:00p and 12:00a on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. It is open between 12:00p and 11:30p on Thursday, Friday, and Sunday.

Entry Requirements
Mrs. ATX and I accessed the lounge thanks to our SWISS Business Class tickets. Passengers flying in Austrian, Brussels, and Lufthansa Business Class also have access to the lounge. Priority Pass members can also access the lounge though the hours are limited. Priority Pass is only accepted between the hours of 3:00p - 7:00p Monday, 12:00p - 12:00a Tuesday, 3:00p - 12:00a Wednesday, and 12:00p - 4:00p Thu./Fri./Sun. No access is permitted for Priority Pass members on Saturday.

The lounge agents scanned our boarding passes and welcomed us into the lounge.

Layout
The lounge consisted of one large area that was divided into multiple sections. The front half of the lounge featured the buffet, bar, and a variety of seating that included high top tables, cafe tables, and leather seating.

In the rear of the lounge there is a variety of seating that ranges from leather chairs to chaise lounges.

Thanks to the large floor to ceiling windows that ran the length of the lounge, there was a ton of natural light along with great views of the ramp.

Off to the side of the lounge is a small children's area that is outfitted with some leather chairs as well as some high chairs. There is also a small TV/Media room adjacent to this space.

Finally, there was a dated but clean restroom located at the rear of the lounge off to the left of the main seating area.

Food and Beverage
The buffet is located in the front section of the lounge just past the check-in desk. The buffet menu read as follows.

The buffet was kept well stocked throughout the duration of our visit.

Next to the buffet, there is a coffeemaker, soda fountain, and a draft beer tap. During our visit, Sixpoint and Paulaner were being served.

Separating the dining area from the remainder of the lounge was the self-service bar area. The selection of wine and liquor was vast but far from top shelf.

Chips, candies, and other snacks were also available here.

Atmosphere
The lounge was fairly quiet when we arrived around 1:30p though the crowds built steadily as we neared our departure time. The vast majority of Lufthansa Group flights depart in the afternoon so expect this to be the busiest time in the lounge.

Mrs. ATX and I grabbed some seats by the window and snacked on some of the available food though we didn't find it to be anything special. The best part of the lounge were the massive windows that overlooked the Terminal One ramp which has one of the most exotic lineups at JFK.

For more photos and additional trip reports, visit ATXJetsetter.com or follow along on Instagram and Twitter!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.