Search

F1 Singapore Grand Prix via Air France La Première and Emirates First Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2023, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
The one year I don’t come over for the race - could have met a few legendary posters! I’m actually in Singapore at present, sat in the Pacific Club at the top of the Pan Pacific - I manage my companies corporate account with them, and have always been able to get a couple of rooms for race weekend with not much notice. So if you do it again, drop me a line
Thanks darthlemsip. Whoa, the Pan Pacific has a great location for the F1. Much appreciate the offer and will let you know if we do Singapore F1 again. Thank you.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 11:51 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am sure that after flying AF and EK luxuries first class, flying UA is a switch to reality of luxury travel in the US
Old Nov 3, 2023, 5:39 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I am sure that after flying AF and EK luxuries first class, flying UA is a switch to reality of luxury travel in the US
No wonder the private jet operator out of Denver Centennial seems to be getting more and more SFO777 business
NA-Flyer likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by theshaun
Pro tip: If going to the Singapore GP and looking for cheap brewskis, head for Tank by The Bay Fish and Chips stand. A little stand by the water which gets encapsulated by the race set up, but instead of gouging they keep their beers at $5. A bit off the beaten path but a great place to hang during down time. We stumbled upon it while trying to make our way to meet up with SFO777 only to find out our cheapo tickets couldn't get us in to Zone 1. So we just parked there until it was time for the green flag.
That place is great! I can also recommend Tian Tian Seafood in Boat Quay. Food nothing to write home about, but they have a permanent happy hour and it’s $3.80++ for a Tiger, and I love sitting watching over the water there at the end of a long day

(apologies to SFO777 for the thread hijack)

Last edited by darthlemsip; Nov 4, 2023 at 4:51 am
Old Nov 4, 2023, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Indeed NA-Flyer. Service on US airlines is generally dreadful. Obviously necessary for domestic flights but I wouldn't willingly fly any US (or Canadian) airline to Asia or Europe.

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
No wonder the private jet operator out of Denver Centennial seems to be getting more and more SFO777 business
Thanks Fabo.sk. Definitely for family travel, but as a solo I'm back on United this coming week... again to LAX for another RTW.

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
That place is great! I can also recommend Tian Tian Seafood in Boat Quay. Food nothing to write home about, but they have a permanent happy hour and it’s $3.80++ for a Tiger, and I love sitting watching over the water there at the end of a long day. (apologies to SFO777 for the thread hijack)
Not at all. Thanks darthlemsip for the tip.
NA-Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.