Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
B293 LHR-IAD 31 August. F on A380

First thoughts;
Seat 2K is nice enough
Boarding slightly late 👎
First had its own door 👍
Older crew, expecting good service 🤞
This seat would be a lot nicer with a bigger screen like in other F's...and maybe a door!

Once in the air:
Good Wi-Fi 👍
Quick drinks & ABs👍

My screen was fine… my companion’s didn’t come on. 👎 IFL asked for email address & if we wanted to take anything off board… we jokily said champagne but they were happy to oblige 🍾

Starter was nice, tuna . With some white wine tasting.

I thought it was plural beef cheeks, I just got the one. Tasted fine. Bit more gravy would have been nice. red wine tasting this time.

Delicious espresso mascarpone cake dessert, I couldn’t wait to dig in before a photo opp.

Drunken slumber sleep, woke up with 3 hours to go and some hunger. Cheeseboard + crisps worked well.

I needed something soft but I was told there was no Diet Coke anywhere on board…. 👎

1.5 hours before landing the light meal was served…. So light I could barely see it (well, the Caesar salad).

Katsu burger was a human portion.

Forgot to offer me dessert, but when I asked for it, it wasn’t a bad lemon meringue.

Thoughtful goodbye from the IFL before landing, but when I mentioned no Diet Coke they wouldn’t have it… kindly got me a Diet Coke from the back. Can’t fault them going above and beyond for us. I think I’ll submit a golden ticket.

Overall 8.5/10. BA need to refresh their hard product, and a Diet Coke from the back much earlier in the flight would have upped this score ;-)

Best,
TPRun

Last edited by TPRun; Sep 2, 2023 at 4:38 pm
Old Sep 2, 2023, 4:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Too lazy to quote and delete the entire post so…

Drunken slumber sleep, woke up with 3 hours to go and some hunger. Cheeseboard + crisps worked well.

I believe we may be soul mates 😆 Excellent trip report, made me smile.
Parterre and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JapesUK
Too lazy to quote
oh we definitely are ;-)
Thank you!
Just removed the attachments and put photos in-text so people don't have to turn their heads! :-)
Old Sep 2, 2023, 4:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by TPRun
oh we definitely are ;-)
I meant me, I was too lazy to quote and then delete most of your report… but you just gave credence to my belief that we are soul mates
TPRun likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Being in F and being told there's no Diet Coke and then fetching one 150ml can from J/W/Y is going "above and beyond" and deserves a Golden Ticket?
Genius1, Seat 1F, dcmike and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by hugolover
Being in F and being told there's no Diet Coke and then fetching one 150ml can from J/W/Y is going "above and beyond" and deserves a Golden Ticket?
Surely not. It's rather shocking that they didn't come up with the idea before or didn't feel like it.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hugolover
Originally Posted by offerendum
…didn't feel like it.
It wasn’t just 1 small can I was after there wasn’t any in the J side of the bottom level on the a380, I even saw for myself. That crew member didn’t go further down, so they don’t get the golden ticket, but the IFL doing it & the rest of their pro-activeness (partners screen not working, already doing the email, the bottle of LPGS) + my Diet Coke deserves it. And they did it all with a smile - that’s also rare!
Old Sep 7, 2023, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Nice that they sent you off with the LPGS!
TPRun likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 7:45 pm

Programs: ShebaMiles
They actually let you take the LPGS home? Or do you mean they were just liberal in pouring it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.