Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

The Holy Land and an Irish Wedding (AA/BA/EI J; DL Y)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Holy Land and an Irish Wedding (AA/BA/EI J; DL Y)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2023, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Accor Diamond, other airline programmes very basic
Many thanks dat4life for a well crafted trip report. Your photos were incredibly clear while the accompanying narrative was engaging and honest highlighting the positives while at the same time identifying the areas for improvement e.g BA's second meal service on the flight from LHR to JFK and security at LHR. I really like the new BA CS and having just flown the new Air France business suite to/from Johannesburg, while the food I think is better on AF, BA is in front with their selection of drinks and the bedding on BA is much better than AF given that BA provide a mattress topper, quilt and big pillow as opposed to AF's only blanket and pillow.

Every encouragement for your continuing efforts in informing us with such detailed and excellent TRs. SFO777 has indeed an heir apparent!
Old Aug 30, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
dat4life: many thanks for sharing your narrative & pictures.
After visiting some sights in Egypt earlier this year, I am eager to see more of the Middle-East.
Could you please share the name of your tour group of Jerusalem & Bethlehem?
Old Sep 1, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
The separate entrances [at the Western Wall] for men and women were a bit jarring in this day and age

You're overthinking it. It's for security -- so men are frisking men and women are frisking men. In the States, TSA frisking is done always done by a TSA officer of the same gender as the pax. More efficient to have a men's line and a women's line, rather than men and women in the same line and have to have male and female officers running around switching back and forth between lanes.

This is a practical / efficiency thing, and isn't a sexism thing.
worldiswide likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Enjoyed this trip report and your adventures. Been to Israel and London many times but always like to hear and see it through a first time visitors eyes. And totally understand the return connections and wondering if your gf would be OK with it..the things we do for travel first..and then love
Old Sep 8, 2023, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BarelyBAGold
Many thanks dat4life for a well crafted trip report. Your photos were incredibly clear while the accompanying narrative was engaging and honest highlighting the positives while at the same time identifying the areas for improvement e.g BA's second meal service on the flight from LHR to JFK and security at LHR. I really like the new BA CS and having just flown the new Air France business suite to/from Johannesburg, while the food I think is better on AF, BA is in front with their selection of drinks and the bedding on BA is much better than AF given that BA provide a mattress topper, quilt and big pillow as opposed to AF's only blanket and pillow.

Every encouragement for your continuing efforts in informing us with such detailed and excellent TRs. SFO777 has indeed an heir apparent!
Thanks! I actually have a ticket booked on AF new J in a few months, so thanks for the info as well!

Originally Posted by zip10001
dat4life: many thanks for sharing your narrative & pictures.
After visiting some sights in Egypt earlier this year, I am eager to see more of the Middle-East.
Could you please share the name of your tour group of Jerusalem & Bethlehem?
Thank you! I actually just booked through Viator

Originally Posted by worldiswide
Enjoyed this trip report and your adventures. Been to Israel and London many times but always like to hear and see it through a first time visitors eyes. And totally understand the return connections and wondering if your gf would be OK with it..the things we do for travel first..and then love

For sure!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.