A short trip to the Emerald Isle

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2023, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
DUB airport

There was a nice line at the airport, I hate flying flapper class. The security was then quite fast. They sell a fast lane for 13 €, but that is not a good deal with under 5 minutes waiting time.
Then it went to the lounge. The room is not particularly attractive, but the food offer was quite decent.

That's what I call extreme time shifts:
Old Oct 7, 2023, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Flight DUB - DUS

It was back to the plane.

The flight itself was unspectacular, but with nice views.

The luggage was a long time coming, so some people might get impatient.

I had always wondered why there were so many warning signs on the baggage carousels. Now I'm a little smarter. However, it has also been demonstrated that they are only effective to a limited extent.
roadwarriorafrica and lamphs like this.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Amex Valet Parking

Before the trip, I wanted to reserve a parking space as usual, but all the parking spaces at the airport were full. Well, I have an American Express and Amex offers an "exclusive" valet parking service at German airports.

Doesn't sound so bad. Actually, you still offer a wash for an additional charge. However, when the vehicle was delivered, I was told that this was not possible at the moment.
Now I'm a curious person and check my app from time to time to see where my car is. Here is the result, whereby the change of position was due to a misunderstanding on the return.

So let's sum it up: They take my car and park it somewhere on the road (nicely under some tree, at least that's what it looked like) and collect for it (129 € after all). An absolute cheek. I asked the valet guy where they park the cars, he was supposedly just a temp and babbled something about parking garage. A request to the provider remained unanswered. On a complaint to Amex, they told me that they had nothing to do with the service and were only intermediaries. Is clear.....
Fun fact: The cars are supposedly insured up to 150,000.00 € (there it is possibly already scarce) and the insurance is supposedly not valid in the public street space. Will probably be ineffective, but the GmbH as Anbeiter acts will probably not be able to provide significant compensation. In any case, they will not get my car under any circumstances. At least I didn't go to the disco in the evening and my back seat ended up as a "playground".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.