Search

24 hours in Tokyo via JAL and ANA First Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2023, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SAtraveller
Thanks for another great trip report, SFO777... they're always so enjoyable and I've been reading them for years.
Thanks very much SAtraveller for your kind comments.

Originally Posted by xtra1
Thanks SFO777! For yet another, very enjoyable and informative read!
Thank you so much xtra1.

Originally Posted by lamphs
I don't know how you do it. I am relatively young and in decent shape. I did IAD FRA (UA Polaris) IST (TK A321 J) MNL (TK A359). Had some decent sleep on the IAD FRA, had 7 hours in the IST Yotel, and a couple of hours on the IST MNL. I was beat when I got to MNL. The last thing I was concerned about was a decent dinner. More power to you! (Doing my first LH F trip tomorrow on the A346 before it goes away this year.)
Sometimes I wonder myself. LOL. When I'm doing these trips, I get excited, am in the zone and I guess adrenalin takes over. I tend not to need a lot of sleep nd at least for a few days, sleeping 4-5 hours on a 10-12 hour flight is all I need to keep refreshed. Enjoy your LH First flight. I'm sure it will be memorable.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Sometimes I wonder myself. LOL. When I'm doing these trips, I get excited, am in the zone and I guess adrenalin takes over. I tend not to need a lot of sleep nd at least for a few days, sleeping 4-5 hours on a 10-12 hour flight is all I need to keep refreshed. Enjoy your LH First flight. I'm sure it will be memorable.
We'll see - so far a very un-First experience if I compare why experience to the popular bloggers writings about LH F - check-in, security, lounge, etc. I think I've put too much faith into the bloggers. Perhaps they get some special treatment?
Old Mar 8, 2023, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
We'll see - so far a very un-First experience if I compare why experience to the popular bloggers writings about LH F - check-in, security, lounge, etc. I think I've put too much faith into the bloggers. Perhaps they get some special treatment?
Only really something special from Frankfurt, and partially from Munich. From outstations maybe only really the Z check in zone in Narita feels special.
SFO777 and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Agree with CPH-Flyer. With the exception of Frankfurt and to a lesser extent Munich, LH ground service is pretty weak.
From the US, if you have PreCheck, UA hubs like SFO and ORD can be good experiences as the Polaris Lounges can be quite nice.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 1:43 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Did they call for a doctor once they went into labor here?
Witnessing a miracle on board is a precious achievement!
joejones and SFO777 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.